Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does the CC storage work?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the Creative cloud and I would like to back up my work on it, and I have some questions:

1. Is there a way to upload files independently not using the stnc option? like dragging a file to the cloud directly?

2. If my work is backed up on the computer, and than I format my PC, would the files be safe on the cloud, or would they gat ereased? due to sync for example.

Thanks!!!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

That is part of the use of the cloud. But there is a big misunderstanding that many web pages share: it is NOT A BACKUP if it's the only copy. So some people say "free up space in your computer by moving it to the cloud". No, no, no! Things in the cloud can get lost for MANY reasons. Just like thing in your computer can get lost. It's not a backup until it's in TWO safe places at least. (One of the places is usually your computer). 

Another reason for the cloud is to share files with other peo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you delete the files from your computer, for example by formatting, you no longer have a backup. You have only one copy, and this is very vulnerable and dangerous. Never go below two copies, even for a short time.  Creative Cloud is really just storage for Adobe apps, not a general place for keeping files, so not a general backup solution, as most people have at least a few important files not belonging to CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I've also read what you have reffered me to.

So I still dont rly understand what its for, the cloud. For example, backing up my data on google drive is different than using CC? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I though that the point of a cloud is to have a somewhat reliable source in which you can backup data

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is part of the use of the cloud. But there is a big misunderstanding that many web pages share: it is NOT A BACKUP if it's the only copy. So some people say "free up space in your computer by moving it to the cloud". No, no, no! Things in the cloud can get lost for MANY reasons. Just like thing in your computer can get lost. It's not a backup until it's in TWO safe places at least. (One of the places is usually your computer). 

Another reason for the cloud is to share files with other people, or between computers and things of your own. 

Another reason is that some software only works with stuff on the cloud.

That's pretty much the only three reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines