• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to correctly wipe a drive with the creative cloud folder in it?

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have the creative cloud folder on my computer that syncs with my online cloud. If I delete something in the folder on my computer it will also apply to my online cloud accessible via web browser and vica-versa. Considering this, how do I wipe a physical drive with the creative cloud on it without deleting all my stuff on the cloud? Is there a way to un-sync the two?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Also, you can turn sync on and off from the Creative Cloud preferences. Although sync is turned off when you sign out, it becomes re-enabled when you sign back in. When you turn it off it no longer attempts to maintain parity between the local (Creative Cloud Files) and online storage. Here is a screen shot of where to turn it on/off at. Uncheck to turn it off.

turn_sync_off.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sign out of the CC! There will be no syncing any more.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo

if, after signing out, and deleting the local folder/files the op some time later signs back in to the cc desktop app, will the cloud files be restored onto their local computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding would be yes!

A simple test would be:

• create a dummy file synchronized!
  • sign out.
  • delete locally
  • sign in

...and look what happens.

I’m currently on my iPad. That‘s the wrong machine to try.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I had an issue. I created a test PSD file in Photoshop. It uploaded to the online cloud. I then signed out of the desktop cloud app, and then deleted the test file. I then signed back in on the desktop app and the test app stayed deleted. It showed up the deleted section of the browser accessed cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, you can turn sync on and off from the Creative Cloud preferences. Although sync is turned off when you sign out, it becomes re-enabled when you sign back in. When you turn it off it no longer attempts to maintain parity between the local (Creative Cloud Files) and online storage. Here is a screen shot of where to turn it on/off at. Uncheck to turn it off.

turn_sync_off.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines