• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to know when tech support has hung up on your chat.

Engaged ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see this at the end of a frustrating chat conversatin it means Adobe has hung up on you:  "It sounds like you need help solving a technical issue. Let me transfer you to a technical support agent."

I've had the same message from their chat line four times in the past two hours while trying to get help with a silly, insignificant issue. I waited about an hour the first time before trying a new chat.

But I did discover one trick. If you don't want to dialog with the silly chat bot, just respond with the word "Human". That gets you right through to a human, who will hang up at the first opportunity.

Adobe, oh my god you suck! Look at Apple's tech support. Almost no waiting, endless patience and replacement parts when needed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

I have no trouble reaching a human agent with online chat.  I use desktop Firefox or Chrome with latest updates.

1. With a browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers, please log-in to your account portal below.

https://account.adobe.com/plans
2. Scroll down to Contact Adobe on the same page.
3. Online chat is available in English 24/7.
4. In the chat box, type AGENT followed by enter key and wait for a human.
5. Alternately, phone customer service M-F during normal business ho

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.  did you want to see if we could help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GraphicsGeezer, I am sorry you are encountering so many problems establishing a secure chat session. I reviewed the account you used to post to this public discussion forum and the last time I show you contacted us was on November 1st, 2020. If you have tried recently, then please use a different computer, smartphone, or tablet to begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.  I would be showing an interaction, even if you were disconnected, so you are not getting very far before you are blocked in the current web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no trouble reaching a human agent with online chat.  I use desktop Firefox or Chrome with latest updates.

1. With a browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers, please log-in to your account portal below.

https://account.adobe.com/plans
2. Scroll down to Contact Adobe on the same page.
3. Online chat is available in English 24/7.
4. In the chat box, type AGENT followed by enter key and wait for a human.
5. Alternately, phone customer service M-F during normal business hours.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe seems to know who I am and what programs I'm paying for but it asks for a password during the authentication process and rejects every password I come up with.

Is there a human being at Adobe who can handle this without delay? I've erased my hard drive due to other problems and am attempting to install programs one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You provide zero computer information, so this is only a guess...

When you are installing or updating on a Mac, that is your Mac asking you to prove that you have permission by asking for your COMPUTER password, not your Adobe password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does adobe have human beings on staff? If so is there a support number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html for chat or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are all human beings here.  This community support forum is available 24/7.

What's your question?  If it's something we can help you with, you'll get quicker replies here.

Phone support is M-F, during normal business hours.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[For continuity, moderator merged this with your other post.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has almost no customer support, especially on weekends. You have to chat with a support perso, which means going through a robot. To avoid meaningless dialogs with software, just enter the word "human" in the chat dialog.

The robot gets you to a real person right away. But the person can't help, so they reply:  "It sounds like you need hel[ solving a technical issue. Lete e transfer you to a technical support agent who can assistd you."

You will never be transferred to anybody. This has happened to me three times in the past two hours.

Adobe, I've got two words for you and you know what they are. I live for the day when a reasonable alternative becomes available, by a company that respects its customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These is a user-to-user forum. You're not addressing Adobe here.  And it's not clear what problem you're having.

Please give us more informations about you issue and your environment. With these infos we can try to help.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines