• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to sign in to CC with alternative email address to share files

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague's Adobe login is his school email address (he bought Adobe CS for his course). I need him to be able to access some of my files and assets stored in my libraries for collaboration on projects. I would prefer to use his company email address (rather than the school one) for sharing those assets to avoid a big re-do in a year or two time when he graduates college and loses that email address. He has set his work address up as a secondary address in Adobe, but cannot log in with it (it says incorrect password when he uses the same one as his primary address). Is there any way that we can have it so that he can use a work email address to share folders of files and libraries?

If I send a share link to his company email address, he does not see the folder, yet he sees anything I have shared with his college email address.

Our plan it to move all our company marketing assets to CC for easy editing and updating by two people, so I need to be sure that we can never 'lose' access to assets down the line if someone leaves or changes email address.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zarinab33868735,

I wondered if just changing his work email address to be his primary rather than the school one would resolve the issue? He should be able to use the update ID process here to do so: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/create-update-adobe-id.html

Best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, I will have him try that.

Just wondering if it will cause problems when he tries to renew his subscription at the student rate (he is genuinely a student who needs CS for his course). Any idea (since I see you work for Adobe)?

Thanks,

Zarina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Zarina,

I don't think having a school email is required at renewal, just when signing up. Often students get a discount that expires at renewal but that is unrelated. We have this FAQ which might be useful: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/education-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines