Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'd like better font activation responsiveness on Windows 10

Participant ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I have a number of experiences where fonts are shown as installed both in web browser for Adobe fonts and also in the creative cloud app , yet fonts are not showing up in any of the applications. There is a bit of a work around which I have seen online , which involves closing all your Adobe apps, signing out of creative cloud and then signing back in . But because this happens quite often with fonts it's a real cumbersome process which wastes a fair bit of time.

I wonder if there is a better way of setting up windows to be a little bit more responsive and liberal with the Adobe fonts syncing? I also wonder if putting the PC to sleep is an issue and I should rather be using daily shutdown and start ups which will obviously reset all the processes and services which connect Adobe to Windows.

If anyone has had a faster solution on windows, please let me know!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

I'm going to try and answer my own question here as I believe I have hacked a solution. On Windows, run Services.msc and select "Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service" and hit restart. I believe it emulates the sign in action that refreshes active fonts without having to sign out or close and restart all your apps. Or at least it seemed to work for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to try and answer my own question here as I believe I have hacked a solution. On Windows, run Services.msc and select "Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service" and hit restart. I believe it emulates the sign in action that refreshes active fonts without having to sign out or close and restart all your apps. Or at least it seemed to work for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines