• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I dislike how everytime creative cloud checks for an update it slows my pc to a crawl

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is really fustrating that everytime my computer checks for an update regardless of the computer it scrolls to a crawl for 2-3 minutes. Is there a way to turn that off? especially when starting photoshop up is when I need computer speed since I am opening several things at once

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On Windows, I disable Creative Cloud desktop app from my StartUp apps.  I only open it when I need it for something.   90% of the time it's closed with Ctrl + W > Quit.

Likewise, I have disabled Notifications and automatic software updates from CC Desktop Preferences.  I prefer to perform updates manually when I'm ready to deal with them.  

Windows updates can be intrusive, too.   I notice a big performance dip when Windows tries to update.   So I like to defer that to early AM when I'm not working on projects.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines