• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a yearly contract and am very disappointed in Adobe

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a yearly contract to give Adobe a fair shake and test ride. I knew the learning curve would be there. So, I thought a year would do it natural justice. I subscribed to what I thought would be all of Adobe. The intention was to change the ecosystems in my company operates. Most of what is provided by Adobe is availed in Open Source or some other branding.

First strike - I had to downgrade my phone to run Rush. We all thought that very odd. But whatever, I bit the bullet and downgraded. 

Strike two - Deception; this is very serious to me. I was under the belief that I had purchased a yearly script to Adobe products. One thing I do is gaming and screen recordings. I had a project in mind and was dreading it because it would require close attention to details to make sure everything that needed to be redacted was. And I was not sure if I knew how to edit on Xrecorder. 

Ding! Ding! Ding! I have Adobe CC Subscription! I should learn about the Adobe ecosystem. I don't recall seeing it, maybe I'll be in the Rush somewhere, or perhaps it is in that multitude of programs I hadn't looked at yet. NOPE! They MISLEAD me! The heathens! Adobe wants $34 a month on top of my monthly subscription for something called Captive. 

I feel cheated. 

As a gamer and tech, being able to screen capture is essential, and in today's creative world, being able to screen capture is basic expectations.

One more strike, and Adobe won't have the value I require to renew. In fact, not having a screen capture is almost a head roll unto itself. 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't understand any of your complaints starting with the mobile rush specs, Adobe Premiere Rush System Requirements

what downgrade was required of you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Captivate is part of the e-learning course building package and not part of Creative Cloud.  Perhaps you should have familiarized yourself with what Creative Cloud includes before you bit the bullet.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud.html

In any case, Captivate is overkill for screen capturing alone because it's designed for much, much more than that. You probably would be better served by Camtasia Studio or SnagIt (both from Techsmith).

https://www.techsmith.com/

As to the learning curve, well nobody said it was easy.  I think you'll find that's true with ALL software these days, no matter who makes it.  🙂  As with gaming, proficiency requires dedication and practice, practice, practice.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribed to what I thought would be all of Adobe.

Adobe does not market the Creative Cloud that way.

The Creative Cloud is a subset of all of apps made by Adobe. What's included is clear.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud.html

Did you interpret the Creative Cloud All Apps plan as "every software app that Adobe sells"? First time I've heard of anyone doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad -

• "what downgrade was required of you?"
    • "I had to downgrade my phone to run Rush."

Nancy OShea -

• "Perhaps you should have familiarized yourself with what Creative Cloud includes before you bit the bullet."
    • "First strike - I had to downgrade my phone to run Rush. We all thought that very odd. But whatever, I bit the bullet and downgraded."
    • Biting the bullet had nothing to do with exploring the ecosystem of Adobe for my enterprise. 
  • "In any case, Captivate is overkill for screen capturing alone because it's designed for much, much more than that. You probably would be better served by Camtasia Studio or SnagIt (both from Techsmith).
    • "Most of what is provided by Adobe is availed in Open Source or some other branding."
    • Captive seemed underwhelming. I expect video production, not high school book reports. Captive, at a glance, seems geared toward underwhelming over produced PowerPoint Presentations. Screen capture is a necessity in modern scripting dialogs.
  • "Screen capturing alone"
    •  is not the intention of "a project in mind."
  • As to the learning curve, well nobody said it was easy.
    • I purchased a yearly contract to give Adobe a fair shake and test ride. I knew the learning curve would be there. So, I thought a year would do it natural justice.
    • The learning curve does not equate with difficulty. 
  • I think you'll find that's true with ALL software these days, no matter who makes it.
    • Did you mean learning curves? Yes. But again, most people, I know,  do not equate the learning curve with difficulty. 
  • As with gaming, proficiency requires dedication and practice, practice, practice.
    • Why would you offer unsolicited advice? Unless there is money involved, I do not care about your beliefs on gaming. 

John Waller -

• "Did you interpret the Creative Cloud All Apps plan as "every software app that Adobe sells"?"
    • Yes, I expected "All Apps" in the All Apps Plan. 

John's statement had me realize I had not seen Adobe Story. Sadly, I just realized Adobe Story failed. That is too bad. It was the first Adobe creative product I paid for and used.

I do not consider PDFs to be creative.

My heavy use of PDFs, upcoming projects, recent purchases of screen capture, casting, and editing ware had me moving away from the Open source community. Wanting a more unified experience, naturally, I am exploring Adobe. But screen capture is going to be a must for me. And with Adobe Story gone, some of my nostalgia for Adobe is gone. 

I am old enough to recall when you had to have a Mac to run Photoshop. Stanchly, PC as a youth, of course, excelled in the open-source creative vectors, rejecting all things Mac. Well, we all have creativity in our pockets now, so the PC and Mac lines have blurred. I now have a Pi that runs terabytes of renders. 

My date to cancel is coming up.

I was looking forward to playing with Script again, but it is gone, and screen capture is a must. And if Adobe is not up to the screen capture quantum, I am not that brand loyal, and I didn't integrate with the community much. So, if I have overlooked the screen capture, and ya'll surprise me with it. I'll be staying. Either way, It was nice meeting everyone. Thanks for your comments. j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• "Did you interpret the Creative Cloud All Apps plan as "every software app that Adobe sells"?"
    • Yes, I expected "All Apps" in the All Apps Plan. 

Seems like closer reading of the plan you intend to sign up for would be helpful to avoid future disappointment. Incorrect assumptions have led to this state of affairs.

The All Apps plan gives you access to All Apps available in the Creative Cloud. That's 20 or so apps which Adobe includes in their Creative Cloud. Adobe sells dozens of others which they market with other labels such as Document Cloud, etc.. 

You can subscribe to one or more individual Creative Cloud apps - or the All (Creative Cloud) Apps plan.

Best wishes in your quest to find the right software to suit your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A year is more than enough time for evaluation, the year was for evaluation. I ordered all app and expected all apps. This was an evaluation. 

It seems Adobe is clique based. I am money based. Unless, you can point me in the direction of the screen recorder, I am not certain what value you are adding.

My scripts require recording what is seen in real time on a live monitor.  And that video be rendered into a video production. 

Do you know where I can find that in the Adobe ecosystem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know about open source.  I was looking for inclusive. Money is not the issue here. 

I want to record and render. 

I'd like to be do the script too, 

But maybe adobe is gonna be left behind in the very important 3d world. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, i think you just want to complain, so have at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was an audition for Adobe. It was absolutely to praise or criticize the performance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines