Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to use Libraries locally only?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am not permitted to put some sensitive material on the cloud.

Can I use Libraries at all anymore without the Cloud?

Thanks

Babs

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can save files on your hard drive.  do not use the cloud for storage of any sensitive material, at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... nothing sensitive on the Creative cloud libraries, at least not at this time. Just files I am playing with.

But, so now we have no library options??? We use to have a library for Illustrator stuff, with this CC feature, do we have nothing anymore? That's awful. The Library in Illustrator was very important. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you do with your "library options" that useful to you?

you share files with other team members?  you share files among your various computers?

if yes, to either question in the previous sentence, your files are not stored only on your computer.  ie, there's a security risk.  you either care about that risk more than the convenience offered, or you don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...In the past, we used Libraries in InDesign and illustrator to hold all kinds of reusable assets (logo's, certain reusable images, graphic styles, documents with specific color pallets attached to them, etc..) They was really useful for us, and since it was on our secured servers we were not concerned.  We would then share them on our servers which were secured. Now it seems we have lost that option and only have the CC option....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know about enterprise options for file sharing so i'm moving your messages to better suited forum.

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I am not part of any enterprise., far from it.. there is just a few of us, but we did feel our server was secure (not on the cloud).. regardless, there should still need a way to use a library, without the cloud, even for a single user, which I normally am..... I assume many freelances will miss this feature too, if they are working with clients?? Thanks for your input...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines