• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iMac 2017 and CC 2022 issues

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2017 iMac(Retina 5K, 27-inch, 3.8 GHz Quad-Core i5 with 40GB RAM. I'm using macOS Monterey. 

The problem-  I cannot use CC or any of the apps as it lags horribly and freezes. My Bluetooth mouse and keyboard also, drop in and out. This is quite surprising and a wee bit horrifying, as I use cc almost exclusively, especially PS.

I'm hoping somebody can help me here, I appreciate any advice that can get me working again.  

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect your problem is that the Creative Cloud apps can no longer run under that OS. Apple changed things with Catalina so that only 64-bit apps can run, so if Monterey is earlier, the latest CCS apps can't run because they're all 64-bit now. However, not a Mac user, so someone else will no doubt know better.

Let me move this to the Creative Cloud Service forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs, installation issues, or account issues such as subscription questions or billing problems, or generalized questions about Creative Cloud services.

* Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.
* Installation questions should be posted in the Download & Install community.
* Account issues, including subscription questions or billing problems, should be posted in the Account, Payment, & Plan community.
* Questions about the Creative Cloud desktop app or general questions about apps in the Creative Cloud should be posted to the Creative Cloud Services community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. Sorry for posting this in the wrong section. I appreciate you placing my question in the correct section. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're more than welcome. One of the things the Adobe Community Professionals do is help users find their way around the forums and "shoo-ing" posts to the right place if they're in the wrong one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina was followed by Big Sur and Monterey (current) so this is not an issue with OS compatibility.

Current Adobe apps are supported on Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quoteI cannot use CC or any of the apps as it lags horribly and freezes. My Bluetooth mouse and keyboard also, drop in and out.

This indicates issues with your Mac, not the Adobe apps. I assume that your Adobe apps are installed OK and will launch.

Try posting on the Apple forums.

Do you have issues with other apps on your Mac or just Adobe Cloud apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines