• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Design CC Libraries not working (grey square syndrome).

Explorer ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use InDesign CC libraries so I can share my often used images between different projects.  It is not going well.

I drag my images into the CC libraries panel and it sees them and adds my images to the collection (I use a lot of icons on my presentations which I prepare in InDesign).

I'm finding that when I try and retrieve my icon images from CC library (drag them on to my current document), then all I get is a grey square.  I can see the icon in the CC libraries panel but it doesn't want to come out and play!

Love the idea of the CC libraries and it would be great........if it worked!

Grateful for any advice

Best wishes

Richard

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard,

Just a thought but what program are you using to add the images into CC Libraries with?

I only ask because I believe (not an expert) if you are adding images from INDD into the CC Libraries what you are adding is a link to that image since INDD does not embed images into its layout. Unless of course you embedded the image into INDD in which case I would think it would work. Maybe what is happening when you pull it out into another program is it is giving you a grey box the size of the image but not the actual image because the actual image is not saved in CC libraries but the link to that image is. Maybe the original image file has been moved and that is why you are getting the grey box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very many thanks for your helpful reply.  I do believe you are right!  I prepare all my images in Photoshop but they always live in Bridge and so the clear answer is move the images from Bridge to the Library and not from InDesign.

Many thanks

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines