• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incredibly unreliable cloud syncing

Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched over to Creative Cloud file storage from Google Drive given that seems the direction Adobe is attempting (and failing miserably) to move, but my sync is short by over 40 gigs (and that's not because my plan is too small given I have the 1 TB plan) and I can't let go of Google Drive because I legitimately have zero faith in CC's abilities to sync anything whatsoever in a reliable manor. Something always fails to upload because Adobe had this brilliant idea to put character/file naming limitations unlike literally every other alternative service out there (see Google Drive, Dropbox, GFS, Backblaze, and even Microsoft OneDrive), and the entire sync halts as a result. I keep showing that 100 out of 26368 files are synced and I'm unsure how to reset this crap.

If Adobe can't fix this, they owe it to their customers to refund every dollar for the 1TB plan grouped with the CC all apps plan.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree, the cloud sync horror is best compared to an online USB stick to be accessed from windows 98. it COULD work, theoretically. Searching the internet it becomes clear that these issues are around since 2014. come on Adobe, you attempt to do a bloody folder sync, nothing difficult here, all your customers add TB drives to their workstations for this folder to sync like it's 2001. and still it does not work. very nice for 90 dollars per month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by moderator] I just lost tons of work when I took some work home and of course, it's NOT THERE and I have to go home and put it on a dang external hard drive because Adobe can't get their head's out of their butts long enough to program something right before they release it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are we even paying for a service called Adobe Creative Cloud when it's not even a Cloud.

[Edited by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@PhoenixRising 

do you still have a question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PhoenixRising 

it's probably too late, but if it happens again check online before giving up:

use a web browser to navigate to the following locations. at each location there are several folders/links to check.:

https://assets.adobe.com

https://lightroom.adobe.com

https://documentcloud.adobe.com

https://spark.adobe.com

if you delete anything from any of these locations, check for a deleted folder where your file(s) was (were) moved. if you want to clear space you must delete files in the deleted folder.

the used storage shown at each of those four sites (when totaled), should match the space shown used by your cc files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines