Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Information about coresync.exe startup needed

Advisor ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On my system (Windows 10 Pro 1809), coresync.exe is not automatically launched upon session startup. So the Adobe CC desktop app works (sometimes) but all the Sync options are grayed out. If I launch coresync.exe manually, everything works fine again and the above mentioned options are no longer greyed out.

On other systems, I have seen that many COM registry entries are pointing to coresync.exe. On my system, there are no such entries. So I guess that the installer could not add these entries. Adding coresync.exe to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run doesn't help and the program doesn't start either. However, adding it to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run works and the program is started upon Windows session startup.

I have tried coresync.exe /regserver and coresync.exe /regsvr, which didn't help. Nothing was added to the registry. I have also tried many times the uninstall/reinstall procedure. This didn't help either.

Saying that CC desktop is a complicated and buggy software, very damageable to my hair, is not a novelty. However, in order to possibly diagnose this issue, I'd like to know what mechanism is normally triggering the launch of coresync.exe. Is this done by one of the many Adobe services ?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a permission issue the Adobe has constant issues with.

The install cannot run at elevated level and some registry values get corrupted.

I would try using the ACC uninstaller utility to clear everything Adobe off the machine, run a app like CCleaner

Reboot the machine, run CCleaner again and then try reinstalling everything again.

Why it effects some machines and not others is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I have already checked all the permissions mentioned by Adobe. To no avail. It's obvious that there's a flaw in the installer but they apparently don't want to do anything about this. Or they can't. This permission issue not only affects Adobe CC Desktop and coresync.exe but also application programs like Photoshop or Lightroom which I can only run as an administrator.

Since I can make the d***ed thing work by launching it from the Run key mentioned above, I'll avoid uninstalling and reinstalling everything. I already did this in the past and this didn't help. Obviously, the installer cannot deal with some configurations (although I don't have any issue with other software - only the Adobe stuff is causing such trouble).

Actually, if I only could know how coresync.exe is launched, I could probably make some progress in tracking down the issue. I'm a former developer and system engineer and this would help me determine why this program doesn't run automatically. There's no trace of it in the registry (at least before I added it myself to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run) or in the Programs | Startup menu. So I guess it is normally launched by another Adobe CC component. I could not find which one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put your apps in the taskbar, r-click each icon and under properties

select "run as administrator" for each app and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already permanently changed the properties of the relevant executables to make them automatically run as an administrator. Just wondering why I'm forced to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here.  I have to run coresync.exe manually. But here's the kicker: It doesn't always work.  I sometimes have to kill and restart coresync.exe multiple times before the CC desktop app will enable syncing.  I can always tell when it's going to work because my desktop will refresh (it "flashes").  Until that happens, I know that if I go into the CC desktop app settings, the sync settings will be grayed out.  Strange issue.  And to have it continue to happen after fully removing CC from my system (with the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool as well), and then reinstalling, is even weirder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines