• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe assets versioning gone?

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there fellas, I'd like to know whether Adobe removed file versioning functionality? I accidentally saved file while making improvements and I'd like to restore it. but when I navigate to the file details there's no activity tab.

Screenshot_1.png

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Thanks for all the feedback.   Missing version history is temporary!  Bringing version history to the new assets.adobe.com interface is a top priority for us, so please stay tuned & thank you for your patience.  If there are any additional questions or information needed, do reach out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm on Adobe chat trying to find out what the deal is, but I'm talking to someone who actually responded to me with "by PSD, do you mean Photoshop?".

It's not good at all if Adobe completely removed a key piece of functionality without saying a word. I frequently rely on versioning in Creative Cloud and will have to change my whole work flow if it gone. If that was the case, it would have been nice to know BEFORE I needed it.

**UPDATE**

After a couple of hours, the Adobe rep got back with me to inform me that versioning has been removed from Creative Cloud and will no longer be available. Another strike against Adobe. Hopefully this wasn't just a way for them to save money on storage space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa. I'm confirming now. Dang.

You can upload a new version from the web interface (the ellipsis menu when you're looking at the fill file), but the dialog box says it will replace the current version, and indeed, it does.  People get an alert that the file has been updated. But there is no way to view the previous iteration(s).

They only kept versions for 10 days, but still, at least it was something. Dang.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're working on bringing back versioning, as well as other missing features in the new CC Files design (Search, View Recent) in mid-2018, according to this blog post from April 18, 2018

Creative Cloud Assets: Meet the New Interface | Adobe Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear is. Alok at Technical Support spend a couple of hours researching it, and came back with...

"Let me Inform you that this feature is no longer available after the updates. I do apologize for the inconvenience. You can please use the below link to request this feature in future."

and included the wish form link.

Glad to hear that it's not gone for good. It would have still been nice of Adobe to warn us, since a lot of people counted on it for workflow and back-up purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the feedback.   Missing version history is temporary!  Bringing version history to the new assets.adobe.com interface is a top priority for us, so please stay tuned & thank you for your patience.  If there are any additional questions or information needed, do reach out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey stephau​ -

It's been a couple of months. Any updates on the return of versioning? Having it back would certainly alleviate some stress for a lot of folks in my company.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ScottEllisCBIZ​  -- we are actively working on bringing the feature to the new interface, and are almost there.  We should have an update in 1-2 weeks on when we estimate the release to happen.  Thanks so much for your patience, and we hope to alleviate the stress on folks in your company soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Its been quite a while now... can we still expect to see this feature come back eventually? My trust in CC dwindling...

We pay you guys big bucks for this service, yet we're routinely let down by this kind of situation. You should really step up client communications/transparency when dealing with big features like this one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"1-2 weeks" has now been 2 months. Any updates? I have to agree with other's that this is getting very frustrating, both the lack of the feature and the lack of effort on Adobe's part to communicate with us about the issue. I have free web tools that I use that are more responsive about these kinds of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having versioning is deadly in my opinion. Currently, we use Google Drive, and I am seriously considering Adobe creative cloud or dropbox. Not having versioning makes switching to Creative Cloud for collaboration, back up, and storage, a hard sell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to open a topic since it's difficult to find information about this!

We need version history! I mean, who doesn't? We don't have Time Machine enabled at the office and this is greatly helping us with any mistakes. This is our Time Machine and if it's deactivated, we should know to plan in advance.

This feature is so useful that it determines the way we store our files, so the most recent files we use are stored in CC and not elsewhere.

I wish I knew before, not just searching around in a Community For me, there have been no notifications or warnings about the service being disconnected, changed, or else. We just found out when we needed to use it. Suddenly, it's gone and we have to re-do a lot of work. Please Adobe, improve your communications with your customers when taking away features like this. Version history may be vital to us when needed.

Please, restore versions history back as soon as possible, or at least please let us know if we have to move 100 GB to a different cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all -- thank you for your patience & apologies for not providing more frequent updates on this front.  As of yesterday, the version history feature is now live on assets.adobe.com.  Our team looks forward to hearing more feedback on the assets.adobe.com experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It finally works. Thank you for restoring the function, right on time for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines