Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep having to repair Creative Cloud after every restart of my computer

Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can anyone help, please? I am getting a rather annoying thing to happen every time Creative Cloud starts up after every restart on my computer. I keep having to repair it. I have attached a screenshot showing the error message I get.

Hope someone has a solution for this, as this is making the Creative Cloud experience very dire for me. Thank you.

Best regards,

Paul

[moved to Creative Cloud Services by moderator]

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of your OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the Creative Cloud app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Many thanks for getting back to me, believe this is the information you require,  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Creative Cloud App, several times.

Screenshot 2020-11-29 at 10.50.23.pngScreenshot 2020-11-29 at 10.49.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and how much RAM do you have?

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

If reseetting your preferences doesn't resolve the issue,  I suggest you unistall Photoshop, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app,  and then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling Photoshop again.
Here's a link to Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Yesterday I did as you said and this morning I hoped it would have fixed the problem. Unfortunately i ahve to report it didn't. I have this morning when putting on my computer I have received the same repair message, once I had done that it took an age for the Creative Cloud to come up. Kept having to press relaunch to get it back. This is becoming a frustration for me and is seriously slowing my workflow down. Would you happen to have anything else I could try please, thank you.

Best regards,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  And this is before and after my recent new hard drive install, which required a complete new OS install and CC install. So fresh installs don't work.

I am using a 27" iMac (Late 2013 model) running Catalina (10.15.7). It has a 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 Processor and 16GB RAM.  4TB hard drive with 2TB free.  I run no anti-virus software.

As soon as I restart the Mac, I get the pop-up that the Creative Cloud app needs to be repaired. EVERY time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged,

Thank you. I do that nearly every day now and it still doesn't fix the problem, unfortunately.

Best regards,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not really a fix, but I have the same problem. Every time I reboot I have to repair Adobe Creative Cloud. I found out that if I just reboot again, I do not have to repair it. It will work fine until I reboot again. Then instead of repairing it, I have to reboot my computer again. Basically, I have to reboot twice in order for Adobe Creative cloud to work without having to repair it. It is ridiculous to have to reboot twice in order for an app to work, but that is my solution. I hope that it works for you. I wish we could just use the Adobe products without the creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Spencer,

If you've tried all the solutions here and are still having difficulties I'd recommend reaching out to and working with our support directly. They can be reached here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines