• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last Creative Cloud update create a new Library folder on MacOs Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there is a mysterious new Library folder on my Documents folder after the last Creative Cloud update on my brand new iMac mid 2020 with Macos Big Sur 11.2.2 installed

Captura de Pantalla 2021-03-03 a la(s) 16.40.24.png

does anybody knows how to delete it? and if it is safe to do that?

Thanks

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

(Update 4-8-2021: This is now fixed in the latest version of the Creative Cloud desktop app, version 5.4.3.544 or later when installing, however it will not remove the folder automatically if it was created by a prior installation. Please follow the steps below to delete the folder after which it will not reappear after rebooting the system. Additionally, please follow the steps described here to update to the latest version version of the Creative Cloud desktop app if needed.) https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html#Checkforlatestupdates

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with everything on a computer (whether created by an adobe program, or not) you should rename it first (i like to prefix the file name with $) and wait a while to see if renaming causes any problems. 

if yes, rename to the original.  if not, delete it.

p.s. you want to make sure there's, at least, one computer restart between renaming and deleting because that's the most likely time to see a problem, if one's going to occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed, that same locked LIbrary folder appeared inside the /Documents folder on all 3 of my intel Mac laptops on March 2nd after I performed some routine app updates.

I trouble-shot this by comparing creation time of that Library folder with modification times for my recent app updates. This pointed to the Creative Cloud app updates that were issued on March 2nd at the same time as the rogue Library folder. Creative Cloud app did this.

"Get Info" on the folder showed it has zero k contents. I deleted it, re-started, and the same folder was created in its place after re-start.

IMPORTANT:

****Adobe needs to address the faulty update for Creative cloud that they issued on March 2nd****

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue also here! I hope for bugfix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same here with me on macOS Mojave:-(

Deleting the locked folder leads to nothing. Because it will be recreated after every system restart. The only difference is that it shows up as unlocked and one can now find a Subfolder named "Logs" in it, without any content.

Waiting for a bugfix as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, last night I contacted Adobe support via chat and they told me this is a bug concerning to MacOs Apple, I insisted with creation time with the last Creative Cloud update are exactly the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, a locked "Library" folder mysteriously appeared in my "Documents" folder. Changed permissions and deleted it only to have it there again after restarting. I did some quick testing with application write permissions and it appears to be created by either Adobe Desktop Service or Creative Cloud Helper on system startup.

I went to the chat support and they were utterly useless. All they could tell me was that Creative Cloud can only be installed of the main drive by default.

Glad to see this looks to actually be Adobe related and not something malicious (my initial fear). But definitely still something Adobe needs to address, there are at least 3 other locations where having this folder (if it's even necessary) would make more sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGREED -- Are these forums monitored by adobe support people? I certainly hope so. A diligent support team should already be working to remedy this bug, so we can delete the rogue folder and not have it re-generate after re-launch/re-start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

if you want to report a bug, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

kglad_0-1614966925338.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I contacted Apple support and they are taking care of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue. Did they tell you what can be done or how long it can take?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm as well. The same locked folder appeared when Adobe Creative Cloud updated today 03/05. It was the only thing that updated on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a large Apple Care support session, can conclude it is an Adobe Creative Cloud bug, somewhere in the desktop app settings creates that Library folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. AngelV, did Apple Care Support suggest how to remove it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we removed, but come back when Creative Cloud app start

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any news regarding this issue? Was someone able to confirm that Adobe is aware and working on a fix?

Just to add my voice to the list: the same folder appeared in my Documents folder on March 2nd (on both of my Macs) and the time stamp is identical to the CC app.

(2019 27" iMac & 2015 15" MacBookPro, both running Catalina)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Update 4-8-2021: This is now fixed in the latest version of the Creative Cloud desktop app, version 5.4.3.544 or later when installing, however it will not remove the folder automatically if it was created by a prior installation. Please follow the steps below to delete the folder after which it will not reappear after rebooting the system. Additionally, please follow the steps described here to update to the latest version version of the Creative Cloud desktop app if needed.) https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html#Checkforlatestupdates

Sorry for the inconvenience regarding this. After inquiring with our developers, we learned that the creation of this folder was an oversight related to testing. The folder is harmless and doesn’t impact the system in any way. It will be removed with a future Creative Cloud update but can also be deleted manually in the meantime if you want.

To delete the folder manually please use one of the following options

Option 1

1. Open the Documents folder
  2. Cntrl/Right click the Library folder and choose the option to Move to Trash
  3. Type in the system password when prompted

Option 2

1. Open terminal from HD> Applications > Utilities
  2. In the terminal window type sudo chown -R <current user> <path to user Documents/Library>

Note: the current user should be listed in terminal when you open it and you can drag and drop the folder into the terminal window to get its path.

On my system the terminal window looked like this

David__B_0-1615489320360.png

After typing in the command press Return, it should then prompt for your Mac password. Type this and press Return again. If you completed the process successfully the warning symbol should be removed from the folder. From there simply delete the folder.

David__B_1-1615489320363.jpeg

In some instances, the folder may reappear after reboot, should this occur, simply repeat one of the above options.

In addition to the solutions above engineerings has also released this kb article related to the issue
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/library-folder-created-on-macos.html

This article has a link to an installer for Creative Cloud desktop in which the issue is resolved.
https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/download/creative-cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m happy to hear that Adobe is now aware of this bug. Thank you for your confirmation!

As I mentioned in my post above I already performed those steps described in your “Option1”.

But in my case that folder reappears with every system reboot, no matter how often I delete it.

Therefore, I better wait for the upcoming bug-fix version of Creative Cloud which hopefully will resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Been having the same issue with the restricted folder. I just did a re-instal of CC and the folder is gone. It was such a minor issue, but it had me stumpped. I did not want to delete it. After the re-instal and a relaunch of my Finder (control + option, click on Finder, select relaunch Finder) cleared it up and got rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines