• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library Assets Missing

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my creative cloud library (shapes, colors, etc) has recently disappeared and I'm not sure why. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

David

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Hi david,

Could you please check if your files are available here: assets.adobe.com?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

Were you able to find your missing assets?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I did a restart and suddenly multiple folders and files I had in my libraries are all wiped. I rely very heavily on these for quick workflow and its a huge inconvenience. I have tried to get help no less than 7 TIMES on the live chat and the support person just ends the chat every time! I have no way to contact them, Adobe are very unhelpful. I'm really disappointed in the lack of support here to what I think is a pretty serious issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clare,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties trying to get support through chat. I'll do some checking internally and see if I can figure out what happened.

I had some additional questions about the issue with missing the library assets.

• What kinds of library assets were they that went missing? Stock images, project files, brushes, etc.?
  • You mentioned both files and folders went missing from the library. Can you explain more about the folders. Were these ones which contained linked assets? Could you provide a screen shot of what you mean?
  • Just to confirm, are the library assets missing or do they have broken links?
  • Do any of the missing assets appear here in the Library archive? Adobe Creative Cloud
  • Were the library assets which went missing shared with others?
  • Could you provide the approx date/time they went missing?

Please get back to me with more info when you get the chance and I'll see what I can do to help.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answers are below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the whole email didn't copy over:

• What kinds of library assets were they that went missing? Stock images, project files, brushes, etc.? Vector images & logos only
  • You mentioned both files and folders went missing from the library. Can you explain more about the folders. Were these ones which contained linked assets? Could you provide a screen shot of what you mean? I have started recreating the folders files and have attached a screenshot. I set up multiple folders and drop vector images into them
  • Just to confirm, are the library assets missing or do they have broken links? They are missing. There was nothing in my library at all once I’d done the restart
  • Do any of the missing assets appear here in the Library archive? Adobe Creative Cloud No
  • Were the library assets which went missing shared with others? Yes, 1 other account of a designer who has left the premises. Her account could have been deactivated, taking the files with it? I don’t know her login details though
  • Could you provide the approx date/time they went missing? About a week ago. This could coincide with the shared account being deactivated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional details Clare.

I'll reach out to our engineering department to see if there is any way they would be able to recover the libraries. I don't know if there is or not, but I'll find out.

If you replied to my post via email you might have to go to the forums online to post the screen shot. It didn't seem to show up.

If the other designer which left the premises had edit rights, it's possible they could have deleted the libraries depending on how they were shared. If the libraries were collaborated with that person, and they had Edit rights, it's possible. It seems odd that they disappeared right at the same time? Please see the collaboration section here for more info Creative Cloud Libraries in Illustrator

Engineering may have some additional questions I'll reply back with what I find out.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clare,

I heard back from engineering and unfortunately they didn't see where any library items were deleted from your account. Were the missing items ones which were share with your originally by the co-worker/designer which left? Do you have the email address for the co-worker too? I know you mentioned you didn't have their login credentials, but even their email address would help.

Please get back to me when you get the chance.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries. Do you have a direct address for me to send her email address to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the system doesn't show any info for others which shared and then quit sharing, so we have no way to look up their email address from our side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, no worries. Thanks for looking into this for me. I'll just have to rebuild the library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, sorry I couldn't be of more help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am literally editing my library right now, and as I move one element into a subgroup, another disappears entirely, both from assets.adobe.com and from my Library. Each year I lose more faith in any cloud-based service Adobe has to offer, and I currently pay a small fortune for CC and extra storage. If Libraries is the final frontier for Adobe cloud storage, this really has to improve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@frydespresso 

to make adobe suggestions and/or report bugs:

for listed apps use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, if listed, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

for others, unlisted at both above links, unfortunately there is no official reporting mechanism. the best you can do is leave your post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines