• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Literally why is adobe software so awful [Repeatedly encountering Error 184]

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually going insane over this. Every single week without fail i get that error 184 in my creative cloud that won't let me use any program. Do not link me the only two threads that talk about this error. I have read them so many times I could probably recite them verbatim. They havent helped at all. Every week I get this error and every week I have to spend a couple of hours deleting every single adobe file in my computer and reinstalling everything, there is literally no other way, I have tried everything. And adobe keeps not saying anything about this, the only thing they say is "reboot your pc or reinstall everything". I am this close to being done with all of this, literally what in the world could be causing this? Is there a super hidden little corrupted file somewhere that somehow I dont delete every time? No, I triple check everything and the damn thing works well for some days and then simply stops. As soon as I can stop using this god awful sofware I will. It literally is beyond my comprehension why schools and graphic design workplaces insist on using this.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something on your computer (eg, av, antimalware, cleaner, defragger etc) is locking an adobe file. 

and the reason you don't understand why everyone isn't rebelling against adobe software is because this is not a widespread problem.  ie, whatever is on your computer causing the problem is not a popular/widespread av, antimalware, cleaner etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not link me the only two threads that talk about this error.

To find a permanent fix, that's the best place to start even if you feel it is well-trodden, fruitless ground for you.

We know that Error 184 occurs when a necessary file is locked by another process. Thus, restarting the computer and reinitiating the installation is the default solution.

Failing that, I presume you've read through this older discussion?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/exit-code-184/td-p/8538993

Have you tried running the Cloud Cleaner Tool during any of your reinstallations?

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for being so kind, I've just now realised my question was phrased kind of rude because I was tired and mad. So thank you for the kind answer. 

I have read that old discussion and it hasn't worked so far, I also read about the cleaner tool but I found it too complex then. I fear all my project files and stuff will be deleted too. How should I use the cleaner tool? Should I move all my project files somewhere and run it? How do I install it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it may seem overwhelming at first, there's no need to be afraid. There's nothing complicated for the end user about the Cloud Cleaner tool.

It's a script written by Adobe engineers to thoroughly clean out every Adobe application file from every nook and cranny of your hard drive. Stuff that simple uninstalling misses. It doesn't touch your personal data. Manually, it could take you hours. Using the Cleaner tool takes a minute or less.

It MIGHT find that pesky file that's giving you grief. It's frequently one of the first troubleshooting steps recommended here.

Nothing to install or learn. Just download the file (.exe for Windows, .dmg for Mac), double click and follow the prompts.

See "How to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool"

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Start there and report back when you're ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John Waller, the cleaner not going to help him solve a recurring problem

he needs to find what's causing the repeated issue.  again, something on his computer (eg, av, antimalware, cleaner, defragger etc) is locking an adobe file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acknowledged, @kglad.

I mentioned the cleaner as a secondary measure in my reply. Were I in the position of the original poster, I would still likely start there since it's an easy step.

In this discussion, reinstalling everything seemed to solve the issue. Multiple prior versions were discovered. Could equally be a rogue .dll file as mentioned in this discussion.

Starting with the Cleaner seems as a good a place to start as any. Perhaps a redundant step. Perhaps not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have read the instructions for the cleaner tool and I think I'm ready to use it, I just have some queries first.

One of the steps mentions a log collection tool I have to run. I thought that was what would make a backup of my project files, but when I installed it and read the form asking me consent it sounded more like it was just saving some info about my adobe license to share with adobe to make them make better products or something? That's what I understood and Im not interested in that so I left it without running it for the moment.
Furthermore, my cc app is working now since the reinstallation I did yesterday before I posted here, but Im still looking to fix the problem so I dont run into it in another inconvinient moment. The app tells me all the files are syncronized with the cloud so I think thats alright.

Now, the instructions say to save a certain folder depending on your system. I have windows 11 so I guess I have to save C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync, I'm saving it in a usb and taking it out while I run the cleaner tool, correct? But then in the part that explains how to delete the files once the tool is running, it mentions that coresync could be the problem and to delete it, but if I saved a copy of it in my usb that seems kind of pointless?

Im sorry if im being obnoxious, i have some basic knowledge on computers but some things seem very advanced sometimes and im afraid to lose important info.

The rest of stuff, closing all adobe processes on task manager and saving preference files I understand
Im ready to run the tool as soon as I get clarification on that stuff. Again, thank you for being so patient and understanding with me, I appreciate it a lot.

Ah and also, I saw the other person in this thread suggesting it may be a problem with antimalware etc.., but that is beyond my knowledge entirely. I have someone by my side who knows more about that stuff than I do and If the case comes I will get them to help me with that, but by now I'd like to try the cleaner tool first to see how that goes.

Have a good day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the only reason to use the cleaner etc is if you cannot solve the error 184.  your original post indicated that you can solve it, albeit for a week when the problem returns.

using the cleaner will not stop the problem from recurring.  otoh, if i misunderstand your original post and you are unable to solve the problem a complete cleaning* and reinstall woud be helpful.

reset the cc desktop app: make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.
update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud
if you're unable to download the cc desktop app at this stage, use the link at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines