• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locally removing Creative Cloud Files folder on mac without affecting the online files

New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 😊

I would like to remove the Creative Cloud Files folder on my mac, but only locally without deleting or affecting the files synced to the cloud. 

I logged in with someone else's creative cloud account and before I could disable the sync it had created a Creative Cloud Files folder on my mac. 

Now that I've logged out of their account, is it safe to delete the folder on my mac without it risking deleting their online files? (I've even uninstalled Creative Cloud, but the files folder is still on my mac.) 

And if I were to ever log into their account again, would the sync then delete the files online that I've deleted on my mac locally? 

Thank you so much in advance

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if that's your sync folder, that can't be done with adobe cc.  you can do it using other cloud storage solutions, but it's unwise to have any important files not under your own control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for your answer. I'm not sure I understand correctly, but are you saying I can never delete a Creative Cloud Files folder once it's been created on my computer, even if I'm logged out of the account connected to it? And even after uninstalling Creative Cloud on my computer, without also deleting the files online? 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no, i'm saying you can't delete your local files and leave the cc sync'd files intact. ie, remove files from one and you remove it from the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines