Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

making space for apps and their upgrades

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer has two drives: c:/ and d:/. C: is an ssd-drive, d: is a traditional hard disk. Now my c:/ drive is full, mostly because of the adobe cc-apps (indesign illustrator, photoshop and lightroom). Using Settings, I then uninstalled the apps via Adobe cc, and via settings I chose: install on d:, then reînstalled. Strangely, this didn’t result on more c:-space.

Then, I decided to uninstall Illustrator, hoping it would give me enough space on the c:-drive to continue working with my other adobe cc-apps and accepting their upgrades. Very strange, also this didn’t result in more c:/space.

How do I solve this?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets, Collaboration, File sync, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how much space is on your c drive now?

how much space is on your c drive after properly* uninstalling cc?

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not have the intention te remove Adobe cc completely. I had the idea to remove certain apps in it to have more space. Earlier, I removed Illustrator. It gave (almost?) no difference in free disk space. Now, to answer your question, I also removed Indesign (& yes, I used the method in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html). Before removal of Indesign, I had 113 GB used and 5.24 GB available (free). After removal, I had 113 GB used and 5.30 GB availabe. So, a gain of 0.06 GB thanks to removing Indesign. Is this normal? Such a small gain in available disk space? How can I solve this -

*gaining mere free space for the apps most important to me;

*is there a possibility to install on my D-drive in a way that makes a lot more disk space available on my c:-drive (using Settings, I already, a few months ago, uninstalled the apps via Adobe cc, and via settings I chose: install on d:, then reînstalled; strangely, this too didn’t result on more c:-space)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that's expected if the programs are installed on your non-c drive.  ie, most adobe programs use 1+ gb in their install folder, and a smaller amount (eg, .05gb) outside the install folder that would still go on the c drive even if the program is installed on another drive.

what you should have done, is what you said you did a few months ago.  uninstall from your c drive (c drive free space should increase by 1+gb per program), change the install drive to d, then install on the d drive ( c drive free space should decrease by a small amount, eg, .05gb per program).

using your file explorer, check the install location (location depends on whether mac or win os) of your c drive to see if anything unexpected from adobe is still installed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines