• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mov Files gone but some thumbnails still show

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mov. files are gone but the thumbnails on some are present. How do I recover my files? I have noticed each time I change Laptops this seems to happen. Also at one point in time I had a gap of time pass in my membership, but I lost files after the continuation of my membership as well. I looked in deleted files and found nothing. I saw a suggestion about a log but in my interpretation of that it seems that the log want so scan my current computer system to perhaps find them but that wouldn't avail because I never had them on this new system. How can I recover the lost Mov files from Adobe Creative Cloud? 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else reading this...
You should always have a local copy of all files, not just in the cloud
If you don't have space on your computer drive use an external drive for files
A USB flash drive to carry with you... here are 2, there are many more available
PNY brand https://www.amazon.com/PNY-512GB-Turbo-Attach%C3%A9-Flash/dp/B0BF5VHLBZ
SanDisk https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-512GB-Ultra-Flash-Drive/dp/B083ZLJ5MG
Other flash drives are 1 or even 2 Terabytes
I use a Sata docking station and SEVERAL 'bare' drives for backup of my desktop computer
There are many external drive devices, this is the one I use
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-External-docking-station-drives/dp/B00U8KSLA8/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately for me. I did that backed up my files on 3 different external hard drives. 2 stolend (they were in a bag that was stolen) and 1 WD exertnal hard drive stopped working ($1000 fix). I have a 4th external hard drive they were on at one point of time that I may be able to undelete through a recovery program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jdangla513 

good luck, but did you check your cloud files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did and they weren't there, but Im seeing a few things I didn't notice before. 1 thing I noticed is that I had two accounts unknowiingly. I was paying for two of the same for about 9 months. Just recently it seemed to have consolidated or merged into 1 account. Now I have to figure out a way to get to customer service to see if The other account creative cloud folder has stored what Im looking for and how did two accounts get created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click the cloud icon at the upper right of your cc desktop app and then click cc web.  search, including deleted files:

kglad_0-1676987576932.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did and they weren't there, but Im seeing a few things I didn't notice before. 1 thing I noticed is that I had two accounts unknowingly. I was paying for two of the same for about 9 months. Just recently it seemed to have consolidated or merged into 1 account. Now I have to figure out a way to get to customer service to see if The other account creative cloud folder has stored what Im looking for and how did two accounts get created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok. i replied to your other thread about the double pay and the two accounts.  the upshot: contact adobe support.  

there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines