• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move Adobe folder from my 'Documents' folder on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know if there is a solution to this yet? It's driving me insane. Not sure why Adobe thinks that the Documents folder is a good place for this. It's syncing to my iCloud account, so it ends up on my phone, ipad, etc and I can't find any way of moving it to another location.

Stay out of my Documents folder, Adobe! This has been a problem for years and I've had enough. I'm on the verge of just getting rid of Adobe altogether.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What folder are you talking about? 

Look here: 

Can I change the default location of the Creative Cloud Files folder?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the creative cloud files folder. It's a folder simply titled 'Adobe' and contains several subfolders for different applications - media encoder, Premier Pro, etc. The folders seem to contain mainly preference files and suchlike. I really don't want this in my Mac's Documents folder, and I certainly don't want it taking up my iCloud space. Moving the folder simply results in another one being created. Not good enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too! Taking up 60gb in my iCloud drive!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a solution to this? I have the same problem with iCloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not, and it's severely p*ssing me off. This has been a well documented issue for several years now, and Adobe seem to have zero interest in resolving it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did actually just go ahead and delete a load of it as it was all logs and after a bit of googling I felt pretty safe to bin them. This got the Adobe folder down to about 2gb I think. Not ideal but at least it's not taking up most of the space in my icloud drive that I pay extra for from Apple 🙄 However, I just looked again to see how big it is now and it's up to 69gb again! Apple only give you 5gb of free icloud space so anyone wanting to store their documents in icloud would have to pay for extra storage just to house the files Adobe dump in there?! (Or go in every day and delete them) (I already pay for extra storage anyway as I need it for other things, but I'd be fuming if I wasn't already paying it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, this is a massive problem for me too. all my projects get moved to my Hard Drive to save space on my MacBook, but then my Icloud is always full because all the data is stored there instead of internally on the device. Adobe needs to sort this issue out because I am tempted to just use Da Vinci Resolve as it's free and is industry certified as it is made by Black Magic Cameras. Much better free service especially for colour grades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines