• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving cc folder

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already copied all CC folders to an external hard drive in preparation to use it as the permanent golder location.

I have been reading and now worried that if I 'move' them using the option in the settings that I will duplicate everything.

Was copying them first the right thing to do?

What are my options?

kgb

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's always the right thing to do when you create backups of important files/folders.

now, what is it that you're trying to do with the various cc files?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for responding.

The intention is to remove the files on the SSD as that is limited. I now have two identical sets of folders (ssd and a hard disk). At the moment CC is pointing to the SSD version and I would like it to point to the HD version.

In the help files it says ... just repoint to the place you want to use and it will move them. This is fine but they already exist on the HD version. I am concerned that the move is actually a copy and I end up with two versions. This will use up more space than I have on the HD.

kgb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

KGB, why don't you delete or rename the version on the hard drive before making the setting change? 

I recommend you let the Creative Cloud desktop app place the files in the necessary location instead of hoping it will discover the existing copies and not overwrite them.

Also, per Kglad's suggestion, make sure you have a backup of the files if something happens to remove or modify files during the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines