• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving images to another library EASILY AND slow loading of my primary library over 1k images.

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 problems

1. I have over 1k images in My Library. I have to change it by moving licensed images to my Licensed Images library in one action, or others in groups of, say 15 to another library. I must do this in 2 steps: 1. Open the single image, heart it to the default library, then change the library and heart it there.  THEN I must delete it from the primary library. This will apply to about 400 images.

Using the heart feature, item by item is enormoulyl time consuming. After the first 20 or so, the system stops working and I cannot heart anything.

2. When I view My Library, and scroll down, about 3 screens down it starts taking 5 - 10 seconds of load screen to show the images.

I have seen posts about this since 2017 with Adobe promises to submit to Engineering with NO result.

$700 in fees later over the years, no luck with a solution.

HELP. Btw, organizing content is easy in Windows Explorer and a thousand other file organization systems. Why is this so hard for Adobe?

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Thank you. I spent about 5 hours creating new libraries and breaking up my 2000 odd images (licensed and unlicensed) among them so no library has so many images. I keep the libraries huge because my clients have all sorts of varied needs, so I have to track a range of images. It is crazy. Adobe is so slow--I estimated about 30-45 seconds per image to move it to a new library plus more time if I needed to review it, look at better options by the same artist etc. The project is now done...what a p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

We are sorry for your difficulties as it usually takes longer to move multiple files in the library. This feature request is important and will help us in many ways. The engineering team is notified already about it. But to get more details and find any other way, could you please let me know where are those images saved on your PC, and what is the application you are using? Are you on the web? Also if you could share a screenshot of the page you are on while moving images? 

Please let us know the above deatils so that we can investigate and try to find any other way.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as the post-er. I have thousands of images in 6 libraries. There are over 1400 in the primary "My Library." To move I must "heart" the default library, then change the default to the library I want, thn delete from the My Library where it is. 3 steps for each ijmage. After about 3 of these, the entire system slows to a halt, and won't "hold" my selection of an image, kicking me out of that image. I then clear cache, reboot, try other browsers, etc. and run into the same issue. After 3 years of Adobe Stock I have a few thousand images for my marketing business but if I can't manage them, I can't find them, I can't use them.

The library feature is the only way to organize content. Please advise how to make it function! Also, it would be far superior to be able to check mark a number of files all at once and move them to a single library, all at once. I use CC and am a Photoshop users (with my stock images) since 1994! Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you shift click to select several files, at one time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A library gets unmanagable as soon as you get more than 100 items in the library. 

If you go to https://assets.adobe.com/libraries you may be able to move several items at the time to a new destination.

302710B0-2472-44A4-B435-2888174DBB8E.jpeg

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I spent about 5 hours creating new libraries and breaking up my 2000 odd images (licensed and unlicensed) among them so no library has so many images. I keep the libraries huge because my clients have all sorts of varied needs, so I have to track a range of images. It is crazy. Adobe is so slow--I estimated about 30-45 seconds per image to move it to a new library plus more time if I needed to review it, look at better options by the same artist etc. The project is now done...what a pain! Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines