• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 file on my local drive in my CC files folder does not play in Cloud after syncing

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two MP4 files in my Creative Cloud Files folder on my local D drive and after syncing it doesn't play it just shows a still image and says OCTET after the file name.

What does this mean? The other MP4 file plays fine. I have uploaded it twice with the same result.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is your file?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MP4 file is 3 gig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened to me.  I rendered an h264 .mp4, like many times before... on the cloud it shows as octet and won't play or download.

This is not the first time I have had issues with accessing files in the cloud... the previous token issue persisted on and off for months.... getting tired of having to pay for a dropbox account because this is just not reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may well be that the magic limit is 2Gb.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue but my file is 100 mb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that the files needs to be under 100 mb in size in order to be recognized as MP4 instead of OCTET. I reencoded the file to be 88 mb and now it works in CC files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incorrect.  I have 4GB MP4 files in my lightroom.adobe.com videos folder.  That said, there are syncing issues between this and Lightroom Classic....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an absolute joke adobe.
I can't replace the file because it isn't an OCTET file. WTF is that?
I'm so sick of these sorts of things happening. These files don't even load smoothly for playback for clients.
I can't replace the file with an H.264 file even though that's how the original file was uploaded.
Come on!!! It's 2020. Get it together!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue every 1 in 10 files or so.

(file uploads, the movie won't play, it can be downloaded tho)

It's really anoying.

A solution would be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happened to me yesterday too.

The customer support reported to me that there seems to be a problem with the files names. For example I had numbers and an underscore _ in the files name. I tried to upload/sync it again just as "video one" and this time it worked fine. The video is shown as mp4 (not as 'octect' anymore) and plays normally in the creative cloud web space. (file size: 1,8GB)

With another larger video though with 7GB, which is shown as "mp4",  but isn't possible to play online. It's only possible to download.

good luck everyone and keep the patience 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

renaming the files did not work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can probably open in audition and resave to restore the sound file.

but you should also report the issue to adobe so they know it's an issue, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been happening since last year for me. Just happened again when uploading a 5 min wedding highlight video. Utter BS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

instead of complaining in a public forum where your complaints help nothing, have any of you posted so adobe's aware of the problem, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue and just added to the bug report at Adobe. I could understand if I was trying to share a 10+ minute video but this is only 3 minutes. Very frustrating. On the page it should at least say file to big so you must download to view instead of the cryptic OCTET.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's June 2022, and this happens to be frequently when syncing Premiere Pro videos to the CC. My solution, I export them to a non-CC location, so they are not deleted if I get the Octet of Death and delete it. Then, if I get the Octet of Death, I can copy the file from my non-CC location to the CC. It seldom fails twice in a row, but it sure is irritating, especially since it's been going on since 2019 - that's 3 years. Adobe - are you listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

these are user-to-user forums. if you want to address adobe, do so here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines