• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-Screen Workspace Settings

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that ** every time there is a major update you (Adobe) manage to delete ALL my ** Multi-Screen Workspace setting off every single ** app??????

What's the ** point of synchronising all our setting to Creative Cloud when you (Adobe) manage to lose them as ** well.

** You may replace with you the harshest expletive word in your own language if you don't get my point.

Br Barry

Br Barry.
I'm Dyslexic, please just live with my grammar.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the link below to make a report or request
-https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/

-https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Br Barry,

Sorry to hear about your frustraation with this happening. A few additional questions to better understand:

• Are you using Windows or Mac? What specific OS version?
  • Which specific apps were affected?
  • When you installed the latest versions did you choose the option to retain the prior versions? If so, is multi-screen still working there?

Thanks for the additional info,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The first question shouldn't matter what platform we use. However, Windows 10 21H1.
  2. Premier Pro, After Effects, so far.
  3. This is all undated through Creative Cloud. Bridge is the only app that actually asked to retain previous settings. After Effects couldn't even connect to settings sync to download my previous.

Br Barry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional info, I was looking at this article here: 
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/workspaces-panels-viewers.html

I'm curious if manually moving the workspace .xml files worked as a workaround?

• (Windows) [drive]:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\[version]\ModifiedWorkspaces

• (Mac OS) [drive]/Users/[user_name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/[version]/ModifiedWorkspaces

Could you try test and let me know if that helped?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That only work for After Effects, not Premier Pro.

The other user guide suggestion for Premier Pro was to import from project. That was tried with another project and didn't work either.

Br Barry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines