Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple alerts open: "Web Inspector – Adobe Desktop Service – JSContext"

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I have (Apple) Safari, Outlook for Mac and InDesign open, I start getting these alerts.

What could be the reason and how to get rid of them, any ideas?

Thanks,

Katja

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Hi, actually the culprit is Safari/Mac. This morning I had no Adobe programs open and I got another alert, Web Inspector nbagent jSContext. Googling that lead me to this  and to a solution: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254764219

Safari Develop menu: "Click the Develop menu and select the third item down that just show you computer name. There is a setting to automatically show Web Inspector for JSContext. See if yours is checked and switch it off."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's from webkit. google it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I googled it first, then I came here. I probably have to google with some words I don't now guess, with those in the alert no help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you know what webkit is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well now I googled the webkit. I have a clue, small though concerning this issue. Are you suggesting I should just turn off notifications? This has never happened before - I would be glad to know the reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you use webkit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't deleted it. I have Apple and Webkit is by Google: "Apple-developed browser engine that is primary utilized in the Safari..." "...Webkit related stuff is part of Safari... Don't remove it."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually any Adobe app opened results with this same alert boost. Specially after the computer has been opened after "sleep". The screen is full of alerts even only if Acrobat is opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe adobe support can check tour computer and help.  there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, some times more than 100 of this Web Inspector(actully a tool for web developers) windows, which are of course part of webkit, which is at the heart of safari(It's not less than its html engine!!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jorge29558779e58x 

did you contact adobe support?  if so, were they able to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I keep killing every abobe proccess that runs in my macbook. Only way I can get rid of this ghosts windows!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jorge29558779e58x 

no, what?  you failed to contact adobe support, or yes, you contacted adobe support and they were not able to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No means no, dear. I did not(contact them)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I contacted Adobe Support and they remotely checked my computer twice. They then said I should contact Apple support since Safari is their app. Now I'm in the middle of that. The alerts stopped by the way when clearing the cache of Safari. That's a little help perhaps even though it doesn't solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@katjal69806298 

good to hear that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, clearing safari cache helps for a while. But killing every adobe cloud proccess is the only way to stop this web inspector windows from overfloating your macbook 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I do not really think safari is the culprit. It's just adobe suit that triggers the misbehavior of rogue webkit, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, actually the culprit is Safari/Mac. This morning I had no Adobe programs open and I got another alert, Web Inspector nbagent jSContext. Googling that lead me to this  and to a solution: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254764219

Safari Develop menu: "Click the Develop menu and select the third item down that just show you computer name. There is a setting to automatically show Web Inspector for JSContext. See if yours is checked and switch it off."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for this information. I hope that this procedure will also allow me to avoid this unpleasant problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Your answer fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much to you too! I had the problem for a week too. And of course I googled and found you here. And read along. Amazing that so many users must have the same problem and hardly anything can be found about it. So thanks again, Katja! Greetings from Berlin! :heart_suit:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines