• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OSX 10.13 and above CPU overload

Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last few days my backup Mac, still running 10.13.6 is being overwhelmed when I startup. A reboot does not help. The CC app shows Cloud storage activity, which would not be that bad, but the CPU is locked at 98.9% or more. Here's the activity monitor shortly after a reboot and about 20 minutes later.

Screenshot_2021-03-13 09.10.20_XzXlcn.png

Screenshot_2021-03-13 09.18.17_DlKAOc.png

This makes the machine completely unusable. 

My MacBook Pro running 10.14 is also having the same problem, but it's a little more powerful so I can still struggle through. 

Does anybody know what is going on. 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're not alone.  there are lots of posts about this.

this is a good place to start,  Core Sync Constantly At 100% CPU Usage. - Adobe Support Community - 9992823

if that doesn't help, pause syncing and if that doesn't help disable adobe fonts.  you may need to restart your computer or manually terminate core sync (from your activity monitor).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on my Windows 10. I noticed this happening after the last update of Adobe CC about two weeks ago.
What I know for now is that it is happening when CC is trying to load Aobe fonts on my PC. The CPU and energy usage is always above 90% when this is happening. After it finally loads the fonts, it wents to normal. But for these few minutes I can barely use my PC even though it is a powerful machine.
But the pain doesn't stop there. Adobe CC signs me out after just a few minutes and then I have to go through the entire process again which makes any work IMPOSSIBLE. Adobe, please fix this! It is completely killing the creative process and taking any productivity to 0! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for win 10 you should start here, CoreSync showing high CPU usage on my Windows machine (adobe.com) and, if that fails, start your own thread.  conducting debugging for mac and win on the same thread quickly becomes unwieldly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines