• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permanently delete ALL deleted files on the cloud

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered AE render files where being saved to a cloud folder.  When I deleted them, they just ended up in Deleted Files in the cloud.  We are talking about 10,000+ 100kb files that add up to 95GB of my 100GB limit.  The only solution support is giving me is to manual select and delete each file.  That would take YEARS, not to mention the website is slow and hangs when selecting multiple files to delete.

There has to be a better way.  I just need an empty trash option. I am paying for a service I can't even use... Please help!!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

1. Switch to list view.
  2. While holding down Shift, select the first file from the top.
  3. Scroll down to the end of the list, then hold down Shift again and select the last file.

This should select ALL files. It may slow down and hang the website, but this way you don't have to manually select each file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but I've tried that.  Selecting and deleting just 100 files tooks over a minute.  More than that and the site hangs for what appear to be indefinitely (I've left overnight and it's still stuck in the morning)  I can't select all files either because scrolling down hangs trying to load the "next page" of files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. I was told there is no other way so I would have to accept it and delete for some hundred years. Kafka calling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So after a month and a half of batch deleting roughly 500 files at a time in the background as I worked, I was able to permanently delete everything.  Coincidently, I discovered that had I deleted the folder itself and not the individual files, I would not have been in this mess in the first place.  Lesson learned!

I would like to add to the suggestion box if those at Adobe are watching...

- Add an "Empty Trash" option

or

- Permanently delete after a user determined amount of time (ex. 30 days, 60 days, 1 year)

I can only assume this is not yet a feature because it "encourages" users to buy bigger storage plans, but what do I know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines