Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permanently deleting files without selecting them by hand

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

My Cloud is full, so i decided to delete some files.

I know that they will end up in the deleted files folder in https://assets.adobe.com/deleted. And they will only really be gone if you remove them there. Which is a good feature in my opinion. It prevents us from accidentally removing files, and in case of an emergency you're able to get back to an older verdion of your project file.

However, as an animator i work with image sequences and folder that concist of a lot of files.

Is there really no other way then to mark every file and delete it? I've selected multiple files at once, but the site is to slow to delete a lot of them. It simply crashes.

I really don't understand how there is no option to clean the entire folder. It will costs me multiple hours to get rid of all the files by hand, since selecting more than 10 files at the same time will crash the site.

Am i missing something or is this just incredibly bad UI design by Adobe? How do other people deal with this?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bad ui.  others complain.

but these are user-to-user forums so complaining here isn't effective.  so for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've dived into this a bit more. For some reason, after playing around with selecting files and sorting them there was a 'delete all files' button in the right top corner. I clicked it and it deleted everything. But i can't get the button back in any way. So the option is there, but it;s very unclear how to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i've never seen that button.  you could clear your adobe.com cookies and retry visiting your cc web files page to see if it reappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines