• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please bring back standalone apps that don't need CC installed

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having so many issues with the CC app and it's driving me insane. It's like when Norton used to feel more like a virus than some of the things it protected against.

On my work machine, if "Core Sync" is running, my desktop icons keep flickering non-stop until I go into task manager and kill it. There are so many processes running for something that I don't need or use.

I have two simple use cases;

* My work account has Acrobat Pro because we need to generate/edit PDFs.

* My personal account has Photoshop, which I use on my work machine as well as my home machine.

But I can't be signed in to both of these apps at the same time on the same machine; meaning it completely undermines my ability to multitask. If we had standalone versions of these apps that don't need to be signed in via CC, we could sign in to the specific app individually and this would be so much less of a headache.

I get that there'll probably be some power users who get a lot out of Creative Cloud and use it for a really effective workflow, but I neither need it nor want it and all it does is hinder my day-to-day to the point I can barely be bothered fighting with it anymore and have started to lean toward alternative software just for the sake of simplicity.

There must surely be a way you can have something like Photoshop CC downloaded without the tendrils of CC all the way through it. Surely?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop  Elements http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html does not require a subscription

For anything else, Adobe the company is happy with the subscription process, so I personally see ZERO chance of going back to serial number programs for anything besides Elements

But... contact Adobe, not other users in a public forum

Adobe, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704 USA Tel: 408-536-6000 Fax: 408-537-6000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use one device for work and another for personal projects.

Alternatively, use FREE Acrobat Reader for personal use along side Photoshop.

FREE Acrobat Reader -- view, comment & sign PDF.
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Photoshop CC absolutely needs CC. Just the most obvious first: CC is what checks your subscription is active. Your mistake is to have Acrobat on a different Adobe account. There is no way to use apps on two different accounts at the same time. I don't say this is a good thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there's no way to use two different accounts on the same computer at the same time. there's no work-around.  if you want to request that feature from adobe, you can use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines