• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PLEASE HELP URGENT -- ALL ASSETS MISSING FROM CREATIVE CLOUD LIBRARIES

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I am working on a freelance project in InDesign. I was nearly done with an 8 page project with 49 linked assets in my creative cloud library. All of a sudden, the program crashed and when I tried to reopen it, it couldn't recover the file. I googled and found how to delete the recovery info, which didn't work. Luckily I had an earlier version of the file saved and was able to open that one. GREAT! However, the creative cloud library wouldn't load so all 49 assets were unlinked. I restored my computer to an earlier point where I know the creative cloud library was there. It didn't seem to work.

When I logged into my account on the web, I could still see those assets so I was relieved. They still existed! I could download them! But I couldn't figure out how to get them onto my computer. I tried deleting the CC library file so it would respawn. I reinstalled creative cloud. I restarted the computer. Finally creative cloud opened. Only it said I had no assets. I went to the website, and I could still see the assets. A few minutes later, it said the folder was empty. Now I can not see those assets anywhere and I am on an urgent deadline with this project. I HATE CREATIVE CLOUD!

Please tell me there is some way to recover those assets. They don't show up in my "deleted" folder...they just don't seem to exist.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did your Library-Assets get there? You should have the originals somewhere, not?

Without any detail informations about your Computer (Platform, Version) and Software (Indesign – Version) its even harder to help you. It would have been easier to first use the «Cleaner» App from Adobe and also to clean up your system/software preferences.

PS: It doesn't help to write «HELP URGENT»

PS: If you «hate» Creative Cloud – just use one of the alternatives

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Toughmedia. Thanks for responding. Clearly I was feeling a little dramatic last night, as I had lost about 20 hours of work just before my deadline, after being nearly finished!

The assets were individual elements that were taken out of many related projects with many layers. So they are somewhere, but since I can't see pictures of what they were in my ID file, and since ID didn't name them anything, I have no idea a good way to find them all again. For example, I now have 25 missing link graphic images. That's what they're named..."graphic image"...not the name that it had in the CC library, which would make it much easier to find. 

I'm using a windows 7 PC and InDesign CC 2018. I did try cleaning up system preferences and that didn't work. I didn't try the cleaner app because I didn't understand what was going on and how it might help. I still don't understand a whole lot about how the libraries work. But at this point it doesn't matter, I guess. I've tried everything I could and now have to re-start the work. I could see from the forums that this kind of thing has happened to many other people, and sometimes they came back, or were able to be recovered, so I was just hoping to find some new tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines