• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Portfolio images recently darker than Lightroom output images

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I've seen Portfolio questions posted here so I hope someone can shed some light.

I use a collection to sync lightroom to the cloud, then that collection from the cloud to Adobe Portfolio website (simple).

The images in the screen shot show a difference from the sign post image onwards where suddenly the cloud and portfolio images are considerable darker than the lightroom output files. 
You'll see the pastel image for example (pre signpost in date and order) is perfectly 1:1 rendered, but the deer in the dawn image is WAY too dark, as are all other images from Signpost onwards.

Why is this, I understand colour space changes but these are date different, laste years (pre sign post) are perfect, post Signpost (this year) are way too dark?

Kindest Regards

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you color manage your photos?   For best results online, images you upload to Portfolio should be optimized for the web and saved in sRGB mode so browsers can render them properly.

Also, unless color calibrated the same way, there will be noticeable color variation between devices.  There's not much you can do about that.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the reply.

1)
I add the images to a synced collection in lightroom.
This collection is synced to the adobe cloud.
In adobe portfolio I use this collection to create the website.

Where in this process to *I* control the colour management? ie - I do not have an "export" step, adobe products are handling that for me.

2)
This is not colour variation between devices, this is colour variation between the same syncing process (listed above) using the same software, set up etc. ie - it used to sync the colours on Portfolio matched those on Lightroom on any device and now they do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines