• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Portfolio – making a Portfolio site a subdomain

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a site in Portfolio to act as my blog. I need to plug it in to my main website, built by a web developer. 

The simple way would be to have all the links on my main site that go to my blog set to go to the Portfolio website but that means the blog will be <company name>.myportfolio.com

Is there a different way to connect it so the blog still appears as <my domain name>.com/Journal?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenny,

To answer your query, please refer to the article link below which explains about Portfolio in detail:

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neelam,

Thanks for your reply. Could you direct me to a specific page please? Sorry, I do not have a lot of technical or development knowledge so as I don't fully understand the terminology, I don't know which page I need to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. So to clarify, this will mean, when people click on Journal on my main website, they will view my Adobe Portfolio site? And the URL for my Adobe Portfolio site will be journal.<my domain name>.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that i can't say.  set-it up and test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks. Can anyone else confirm if this is what will happen? I don't want to experience any downtime with my website or blog as I'm on a sales drive and my website is a key part of my strategy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jennyfox 

create a different site to with which to experiment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Portfolio is not a blogging platform.  As its name implies, Portfolio is for showcasing examples of your best creative work online for prospective employers/clients to see. 

If you want a blog, use Blogger or WordPress, etc.. which have dedicated blogging and site search features for users to sort topics by date, title, keyword, author, etc...  Portfolio can't do any of that.

2. Best advice, keep your custom domain on your blog.  Use another domain for your Portfolio or just use the default  your_name.myportfolio.com.  Add links on your blogging site that lead to your Portfolio and vice versa.   Ditto for your social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram...)

Hope that helps.

More Portfolio links:
- FAQ & Knowledgebase - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/
- Contact Portfolio Support - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines