• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with quitting CC Desktop to run backups.

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to clean up my filing system to free up space and run backups on externals.  I'm using a 27" iMac Fusion, 3.8 GHz Intel Core i5, macOS Mohave version 10.14.6.  Unfortunately, I ended up accepting iCloud Drive, and now I'm having to reconfigure many functions I've always had a certain way.  The first unexpected 'issue' was the simple act of doing a backup.  I've resolved the majority of the issues, but my SuperDuper! app refuses to complete the backup until all apps are closed, which points to my CC Desktop app, which seems to contradict what I see.

When the CC Desktop app is opened, I assumed the Updates section was keeping the sync process active.  Although all of my current apps show as being Up-to-Date (see example attached), I get a message saying that if I "quit now, the following processes will stop wortking:  *  Active installs and updates...."   So my questions I have trying to address this are:  Is this just an arbitrary message because my updates are set to Automatic?  If there are indeed active installs being performed, where can I see those active processes?  Could this possibly be a bug?  

I would like to switch to Catalina, but not until I have several sound backup copies on separate external harddrives.  Any and all suggestions are very much welcomed.

[Moved from Community Help (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to ask Apple for that product - https://www.apple.com/icloud/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To QUIT the CC desktop app press Command + q (IIRC the Command key is the one with the cloverleaf on it) then hit the Quit Button.

2019-10-29 08_48_01-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, but unfortunately my question had nothing to do with how to quit, it was based on why the message was showing up when the app had already been closed. There was nothing to "quit."  But I also have a tendency of being too descriptive which can be convoluted...sorry about that.

i was hoping for ideas as to possible logistics to look into. I know this from experience that when someone says you need to talk to Apple (I'm assuming because that's the OS I use), but then go to Apple and they tell me it's an Adobe issue because that's the program running in the background. I don't have time or patience for that. I'll give it another couple days to see if I figure out "why" it's happening. At least I have three separate external devices with the backup files on each to cover my ass. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines