• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

public folder download not working

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the folder link now is working again but the download won't work. If you hit at Download and chose a format you will be redirected to that URL:

https://scproxy-prod.adobecc.com/download?resource=https%3A%2F%2Fcc-eu1-prod.adobesc.com%2 Fapi%2Fv1...

with nor result. White screen, no file.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

katelynl44825114 - The issue from August 2015 was different.

From looking at the public link you have added the items as library elements to a Library which does not allow Commenting or Download.

I just tried with a folder containing files and it is working correctly. Sample link http://adobe.ly/1NPRqun.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@detlefk - Please share the folder link with me in a forum Private Message. We will investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken, thanks for your help. Here is the public link Adobe Creative Cloud . After one week it still goes to that scproxy side with no content then a white screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing for me. The option to Download or Comment is no longer there. Here is a public link:

http://adobe.ly/20iYLh7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

katelynl44825114 - The issue from August 2015 was different.

From looking at the public link you have added the items as library elements to a Library which does not allow Commenting or Download.

I just tried with a folder containing files and it is working correctly. Sample link http://adobe.ly/1NPRqun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ken. Your library works, but I just tried it with a different library of mine that contains .jpeg files, which should be downloadable, right? Here is a link:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Am I doing something incorrectly? On Adobe it says,

"When you share a link with someone, they can view a high fidelity preview of the assets directly in the web browser without having to install Creative Cloud apps or sign in to the website. In addition to viewing the assets, they can write comments or download a copy of the files (if you permit them to do so)."

Do I have some sort of permission or safety thing on? I cannot find anything that restricts the viewer from downloading copies. Can I not drag elements from Illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop into a library? How else would I add these things?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Assets site Files at https://assets.adobe.com/files and CC Assets site Libraries at Adobe Creative Cloud are different.

If you share the jpeg files from the Files section then they can be downloaded. With a Library the idea is to have them available from the Library panel inside such desktop applications as Photoshop and Illustrator. You then add library elements to a file. The Libraries help page is here .https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/how-to/creative-cloud-libraries.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, ok. That works. Has this previously changed? I swear I thought I shared a library before and the download button was an option. Maybe I'm losing my mind.

Why then, when I am viewing a library in a web page, and go to Share -- Send Link, is there an option to "allow downloads" if that isn't actually an option? I have attached a screenshot of what I am referring to.

library link creation.PNG

Essentially, what my company wants to do is this:

We are graphic designers working for engineers. We want to collaborate on libraries so we maintain a brand consistency and have the ability to grab elements of a graphic that is built and use it as a base point to build a new graphic for a different project without manipulating the original graphic. So assets in Libraries is perfect for this. But then sometimes an engineer wants to view samples of our recent work, and download a PDF to markup and add comments for changes to be made. Do you think it would be better to move these items out of Libraries and into Files?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to apologize. We really do love getting feedback. The idea with Allow Downloads for a Library or Library Element is that you can then use the Save to Creative Cloud link on the top right of the public link page. That will create a new private copy for the person that does this. And then it will appear in their desktop application library panel where they can add it to a file as needed.

I will share the feedback that you would like to be able to Allow Comments on library elements.

For now if you want to be able to track comments from the CC Assets site you will need to use the Files section. But I do understand that you want to be able to do this from a Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines