• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"CCX Process" & "CCLibrary" CPU at 100% not yet resolved (Jul 2021)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is not yet resolved as of July 2021 contrary to what a locked thread concerning this issue suggests. I'm on an M1 Macbook Air with the latest Creative Cloud version but the issue still persists. The "CCX Process" and "CCLibrary" still flares up now and then. Now I have to open Activity Monitor continously and check it regularly to force quit the process. I just recently left my Macbook in sleep mode over the night (unaware that Creative Cloud booted this process) only to find it hot the following morning realizing it has been running this proccess even in sleep mode – for about 8+ hours!

Please fix this unresolved issue. It's not like I'll get a laptop replacement if Creative Cloud breaks my machine. This issue poses significant risk to all Apple machines.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Oh, so this is an issue with AdGuard - they are working with Apple to resolve this:
https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/adguard-causes-creative-cloud-services-running-100-cpu-big-sur.42484/

@_fisheater  Are you also using AdGuard?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.  if you want to make a suggestion/bug report, use this https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry you are seeing this problem. To investigate what is causing this problem we would need more information. 
Next time CCX Process or CCLibrary will be using that much CPU, could you please do following:
1. Open Activity Monitor, click on CCX Process / CCLibrary and then gather both Spindump and Sample Process from the three dots menu in the Activity Monitor (attaching a screenshot).

MariiaNovikova_0-1627491111156.png

Thanks a lot!
Mariia
Quality Engineer
CCLibraries Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i can show you this , because i also have this problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! We are looking into the dump file.
Could we please also ask you to get the Logs? I am sending you the details in DM.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

The following file has been uploaded on Adobe LogCollector Portal:
File: AdobeLogs_20210803_033059_472-mac.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jimmy16657592  Thanks for the logs. Are you using any Proxy network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've use Adguard app to block AD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, so this is an issue with AdGuard - they are working with Apple to resolve this:
https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/adguard-causes-creative-cloud-services-running-100-cpu-b...

@_fisheater  Are you also using AdGuard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like AdGuard IS the cause. My CCXProcess once again ramped up to 100% CPU and stayed there. Then I tried to pause AdGuard to see if there will be any changes. After I paused AdGuard, CCXProcess INSTANTLY dropped CPU load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it , thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Not using AdGuard.
  • CCD up to date.
  • CCLibrary running 99.9% CPU all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue with my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) and big Sur updated: CCX Process" & "CCLibrary" CPU at 100% when i switch on my laptop.
I'm not using AdGuard, so i don't know what can be the reason or how to fix it.
@Mariia Novikova (edited-kglad), do you have any solution for me? In attachment the spindump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlo, we are taking a look. Will update you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any solve for this yet? I'm using CCX Process version 4.5.2.12. This Adobe software is basically making my laptop unusable unless it's plugged in, even when I'm not suing any Adove apps. And it's forcing the fan to run constantly. Is there a way to kill all Adobe functions until we need to use the software? And easily kill it again when we quit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is an ongoing issue with AdGuard - they are working with Apple to resolve this:
https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/adguard-causes-creative-cloud-services-running-100-cpu-b...

Are you using any Proxy related applications? If yes, that's a known thing on Apple side.

If you are not using anything like that, could you please provide following:
1. While CCXProcess being using lots of CPU, open Activity Monitor, click on CCX Process and then gather both Spindump and Sample Process from the three dots menu in the Activity Monitor (attaching a screenshot).
MariiaNovikova_0-1627491111156.png

Thank you,
CCLibraries Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue fans running at over 6000rpm, not using Ad Guard. MBP 13 2018, Big Sur 11.6, CCX Process 4.5.2.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have nearly the same problem, but with CoreSync using my CPU at 100%.

When I stop CoreSync in my monitor, then I have the CCLibrary that uses 100%

And when I stop it too, my computer is fine ans stops being noisy.

• 1st question: how to fix that?

• 2nd question: what about stopping these 2 process? What are the consequences on the software?

(MacBoo Pro – Big sure 11.0.1 – I dont' use Adguard)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a video capture of my experience with Coresync / Creative Cloud completely grinding windows explorer to a useless halt whenever they are running.

https://youtu.be/dOFs8jPZdhw

Experienced it most of this year but lately it's been getting ridiculous.

I hadn't even heard of Adguard until seeing this forum post. I don't know what it is, never installed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience this regularly and I have never used Adguard. I do use AVG for mac, though - is there a conflict there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I'm having this same problem CCXProcess is using 99.9 of my MacBook's energy, the fans start working in full speed. It's happening every 2 days.

Can you please help?

Looking forward to any replies.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I noticed creative cloud, that is supposed to only be used to update my apps and sync some photos is using a significant amount of energy and cpu ressources for absolutely nothing. Reading the threads it seems that this problem is old, I would like to know when adobe will finaly fix this problem as of right now I've got to reinstal this shity software every time I need to update photoshop and lightroom which is ridiculous. For the price we pay every month I would expect this kind of bug not to last for months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing the same issue with my MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) and Catalina 10.15.7.

I've never installed AdGuard, or any other Proxy related applications.

Not quite sure, but it may happen when I'm loggin in multiple accounts (even if I don't run any adobe CC apps).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CCX process is 4.6.4.2 and CC library 3.14.19.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing this on a 14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro (10 core CPU/16 core GPU) with 16Gb RAM and Monterey 12.1.  

CCX Process is 4.6.5.2

CC Library is 3.14.19.8

I'm not running AdGuard, but I am using Setapp and Sophos Home Premium Edition, along with iStats Menus and Clean My Mac X (which forms part of Setapp).  Also running Forticlient VPN only client 7.0.1.0060, Backblaze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines