• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"CCX Process" & "CCLibrary" CPU at 100% not yet resolved (Jul 2021)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is not yet resolved as of July 2021 contrary to what a locked thread concerning this issue suggests. I'm on an M1 Macbook Air with the latest Creative Cloud version but the issue still persists. The "CCX Process" and "CCLibrary" still flares up now and then. Now I have to open Activity Monitor continously and check it regularly to force quit the process. I just recently left my Macbook in sleep mode over the night (unaware that Creative Cloud booted this process) only to find it hot the following morning realizing it has been running this proccess even in sleep mode – for about 8+ hours!

Please fix this unresolved issue. It's not like I'll get a laptop replacement if Creative Cloud breaks my machine. This issue poses significant risk to all Apple machines.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Oh, so this is an issue with AdGuard - they are working with Apple to resolve this:
https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/adguard-causes-creative-cloud-services-running-100-cpu-big-sur.42484/

@_fisheater  Are you also using AdGuard?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CCLIbrary is draining my battery and generating hugh amounts of heat. MBP 16" Intel. It runs at close to 100% CPU. Why is it even running at all. What is it doing. I don't sync to the cloud and I haven't got Lightroom or Photoshop running. How can I configure CC so that it only runs on my computer when I run Photoshop or Lightroom. I'm not interested in any other background features in the slightest.

Photoshop also drives my fans mad when it is open even when it has no documents open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

Are you using AdGuard by any chance? Or Proxy related software? 

If you are not using anything like that, could you please provide following:
1. While CCLibrary being using lots of CPU, open Activity Monitor, click on CCLibrary and then gather both Spindump and Sample Process from the three dots menu in the Activity Monitor (attaching a screenshot - just make sure to do it for CCLibrary, not CCXProcess like on a screenhsot).
MariiaNovikova_0-1627491111156.png

Thank you,
CCLibraries Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting 100% CC Library usage (for 1h 55m now since rebooting). On a 16" MacBook Pro (2019) running Monterey 12.6 and the most recent versions of Creative Cloud (5.9.0.373), CCX Process (4.12.0.21), CC Library (3.21.0.21), Lightroom (11.5 Release Camera Raw 14.5) and Photoshop (23.5.1).  NOT using AdGuard, but am using Sophos Home Premium.  Suspect this may have something to do with Lightroom complaining that it needed full access to my file system so I followed the instructions on how to do that using System Preferences, which included a reboot. Spindump and SampleDump available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shout outs to those who keep saying this is only an issue on widows, and that it's explorer's fault.

I'm still getting this issue, months later, and actually feels worse than before with latetst updates. I've had this session of PS open for an hour, I can't even open a file from PS because it's lagged / frozen at the open file dialog, core sync is at 10% useage, PS at another 10%, win explorer at 30%, insane lag and performance hits. I kill Core Sync, all returns to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience, video capture of my showing how CC/Coresync CPU useage are very high, causing Windows Explorer to also be very high, how it affects any useability of Win Expl., and how closing those programs 100% solves it every time.

https://youtu.be/dOFs8jPZdhw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem, "CCX Process" and "CCLibrary" using high CPU constantly, if not killed.

Version: 4.7.1.3

One solution: uninstall Creative Cloud and stop using the product...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking back in a month after last post with video showing the issue still persists on windows.

Without fail, the only way to maintain a productive workflow is to have creative cloud always closed and not running in the background, that's how bad this still is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur. It's been causing endless issues for me, including the battery/CPU load described here. Even after quitting it, it leaves dozens of processes in the background (MacOS Big Sur), which I have to go and force kill. So upsetting they would do this. To think that the issue like this is unresolved for, what, more than 2 years? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of Jan 2022, this is not resolved. What is current status of this bug?

• Not using AdGuard.
  • CCD is up to date.
  • CCLibrary process is at 99.9% of CPU all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of Mid of April, this is not resolved. 

Same as the poster above I am beyond annoyed by this. 

It's even running when no Adobe Programme or the Creative Cloud is active. If I wouldn't know about the issue I'd assume that is malware running in the background that is causing my high performance Mac to nearly lift off. 

Please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just coming back here to say, I have to kill the CreativeCloud via Activity Monitor almost daily. This is such a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare

p.p.p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you are trying to help, so thanks for that, but maybe it's best to have Adobe realize they need to create software that is not cluttering the CPU for no reason. I  did all of what you are suggesting way before writing my first comment/ complaint months ago. The only solution the Adobe Team comes up is demanding me to hand over full virtual access to my computer- which sounds like yet another joke to solve an issue with their software- a software I am paying for. The reinstall didn't work and all the potential conflicts were shown to not be a cause for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums. to make suggestions to adobe, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is, almost the end of May and still no resolution to this issue that's been going on for two years. TWO YEARS!!!!!

I regularly get CCLibrary or CCXProcess at 100% CPU and forcing the fans to blast a full speed.

Not using AdGuard and no proxy. I have AdBlock Plus, Sophos Home and Clean My Mac, but so have others who've complained on this and other related threads. It seems AdGuard has been identified as a problem but not the others. So what gives???????

Come on Adobe.  FIX THIS!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This script is your friend, I run it on startup, works like a charm:

alex$ cat ~/bin/kill_adobe
ps ax | grep -i adobe | cut -b1-6 | xargs kill -9

I resent my computer being used in a corporate botnet with zero thought being given to what customers really care about. So upsetting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a reminder that of April 26th 2023 - Adobe did not do anything about this.
Was in contact with them multiple times.
Can't wait for ProCreate to come on Desktop & will look into ClipStudio now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@NN5D04 

there are fewer complaints about this than in the past (but obviously still some).  it's hard to determine what software on your computer is interacting with adobe's background processes to trigger this problem.  adguard and proxy software were identified previously, but there are probably others.

the simplest/best (imo) help would be for adobe to allow users to select which, if any, background processes they wanted to run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they simply renamed these processes as Adobe Content Synchronizer (or similar)

Still happens to me. But adobe has worn me down. I just kill all the main creative cloud background tasks and then the Adobe Content Sync task. Everything back to normal.

scoobydooAndTheGhostIsmeme.png

and to kglad, I've experienced this issue after an absolute clean format / win10 reinstall. It's the adobe cloud processes on an otherwise vanilla install of the os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FireBert85 

it's baffling (to me) that you would see this problem and i (and most others) do not.  and i have a bunch of junk on my computer.  because there are no performance problems, i haven't uninistalled unused software in the past few years.

kglad_0-1682521674904.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea wish I could say otherwise. Doesn't matter what I do, it always comes back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ONLY thing I can think of is there's content in my Adobe CC files that the software just has issues with, some folder or file that it has a hard time with and causes the system resources to devote to it. It's the only consistent unchanged thing. Probably need to delete everything out of there and bit by bit move stuff back into it to properly test it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@FireBert85 

good thought.  it is known that coresync will churn if/when it encounters something it can't sync.  (i would think that would be easy for adobe to flag, skip and inform the user, but i'm not in charge...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FireBert85 

what version of win 10?  i'm running, 21H2

kglad_0-1682521968401.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines