• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Adobe Desktop Service shows hundreds of "Security Alert" dialog boxes

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few weeks ago this started to pop up on my computer. The adress first mentioned is unknown to me but there is a load of others, and they all appeared out of nowhere. I didn't install anything or visit any weird sites. Finally I wiped my computer and installed Win10 from scratch. That's when I finally got rid of the pop ups. But the very minute I installed Creative Cloud and Photoshop they appeared again. I hadn't even had time to use the web other than to find the install file for Creative Cloud. So, I'm 100% sure the pop ups in question comes from Adobe software. Now this is not the first time I've spent days problem solving this overpriced crap. Days I could have used working and making money instead of doing someone elses job. I'm out. I'm leaving all of Adobes crap behind me now. I'll try a few of the alternatives and if they don't work... well.. we'll what happens then.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And suggesting we DO have a security issue is prepostorous.
I have done this twice. I formatted my PC, installed Creative Cloud, and then the pop ups appeared. On a clean system. Nothing else installed. Meaning there were nothing to compromise the security of my laptop.

The Adobe Support technician that tried to help me saw this with his own eyes as it was happening. And still they have no answer. The most recent excuse is that they accuse me of being a web developer. If I was I'd hopefully have the tools and know-how to solve it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem, too - has it been solved?

Also - I haven't seen anyone else mention it, but every time I reboot, it complains about a different server/certificate.

Soooo annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: after an hour with adobe support, nothing has changed and they said it was a Windows problem and to contact Microsoft... I don't feel like it is a microsoft problem, but who knows. In the meantime, the work around is to just kill the creative cloud app so it's not running in the background while you work... and then just hope that adobe or microsoft or someone fixes the problem someday...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on multiple computers running Adobe Creative Cloud on Windows 10. Security Alerts from various URLS/Domains popup when I boot up my machine, and regardless of whether or not I proceed, install them or ignore them, they never go away until I kill off the Create Cloud process completely.  After a reboot, the same error/warnings popup again, usually from a different URL/Domain.

This is related to Adobe Create Cloud, and not a result of any malware or infection.  I have run many scans for rootkits/etc. with nothing reported.  As mentioned, the problem persists until the Adobe Create Cloud process is killed off in the task manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short updated.  Spent an hour with "Support" having me uninstall/clean/reinstall Creative Cloud.  No changes.  

Seems like these folks are unwilling to believe this is coming from Create Cloud.

But it is.

Capture3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originally Posted on Enterprise & Teams “Security Alert” (jackbat Oct 5, 2020)

My reply Jan 26, 2021

Ok folks, I think I may have found a temporary fix for "ME". (This will not uninstall your apps, just the Creative Cloud desktop app.) Go to Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application and click on Download the Creative Cloud desktop app uninstaller (latest version) and follow the instructions. You may also have success with doing it from here, (untested by me). Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\Utils\Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe.

So far my apps work as they were already signed in. I will run it this way and repost if something changes.

------------------------ later same day

Ok have confirmed that (Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\Utils\Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe.) works. I tried this on another Win10 system and the Creative Cloud desktop app uninstalled. I use one app (Acrobat) on that system. It wasn't signed in so I signed in through Acrobat and everything seems fine for now. As before I will Post if anything changes and this fix works for me. If this works for anyone else, please reply from the main Post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issues.  Has anyone solved this yet other than just turning off Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue and am trying to install the apps still, so it isn't working at all.  Very frustrating to pay $600 for the annual plan, still not be able to use it, and have it affect all other functions on my computer.  It stops when I uninstall the creative cloud app, but come right back when I reinstall it to try to get my Adobe apps working.  Can anyone out there help me or tell me what to do to get his fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CreativeCatastrophe_0-1641610106191.png

This is the error that I get and the Windows Security Warning is infinite... no matter how many times you click 'Yes' or 'No' or hit the 'X' to close the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just discovered this on my machine as well. I downloaded Microsoft's Process Explorer software, highlighted the certificate error window (there were so many stacked up it had a solid black border where the shadow would be), and sure enough, it identified it as Creative Cloud Desktop App. I killed the process, and all of the notifications instantly disappeared. There is 0 chance that this is due to malicious software or anything of the sort, unless the call is coming from inside the house. Adobe doing what they do best - extracting money and disrespecting their customers. What can we do about it anyway, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines