Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-installing CC and Apps in October 2021

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning All 🙂

I have to use (currently for a while) a Windows 10 machine.

I installed the latest Photoshop yesterday and it seems the C: Drive is down to only 7GB free space.

NONE of my work is on the C Drive - it is either saved to CC or, I have seperate, connected drives for ALL my files, so the only things on this C Drive are basically, the CC Apps. I have these installed:

Photoshop

Illustrator

InDesign

Premiere Pro

Bridge

Dimension

Camera Raw

And I need all of these.

I am a Mac User (usually) and struggling a wee bit to navigate around the Windows 10 system but I am stuck with it for now 🙂 

**Am I correct in assuming that it is best to REMOVE the Creative Cloud Desktop which will then remove ANY other older versions and then, download from scratch and re-install these Apps above? Do you think that will give me more space?

When I launch the latest version of Photoshop now (23) I get an error message that it can't sync my Profile and to re-start and also, it won't connect to my CC Libraries.

Any advice would be very welcome

Thnks

S.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning John,

Wow, I didn't know you cld do that - thank you my friend 🙂

Quick question - I have uninstalled V23 PS and put my older vsn 22.5.2 back - that did the trick for now. But I followed instructions to click the edit install path in CC and it said something (sorry didn't make note at the time) along the lines of 'can't install at root . .' or similar.

I am wondering.. I understand that Adobe still has to install major files on C Drive, but if I do a complete Apps uninstall plus clean-up and removal of any Adobe files, remove CC app last and start over -  I am guessing that if I try then it will be ok? And also, would I be able to roll back to 22.5.2 PS if I delete ALL the apps and start over?

I have a 5TB USB connected with 2.58TB Free so it wld be fantastic if I cld install all my CC Apps on there 🙂 Just thinking tho, does it HAVE to be an internal, non-boot drive? Here is a pic of available drives:

Skarraquin_0-1635837893286.png

I think that the Local Disc (D:) is inside the machine, but like I said, I am not so great on Windows 😕 so any advice is appreciated. I am guessing that maybe I tried to install the edited path within CC to an external drive therefore, CC said no (is that correct and shld it be the D Drive?)

Thank you so much for your help - truly appreciated 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only have that link to share, I have never personally installed anything to a different drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines