Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Remove CC Files from my hard drive storage, but keep them online

Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work on a computer that shares the Adobe Cloud with another user. I want to have access to the CC applications and updates, but I do not want the CC document files stored on or synced to my hard drive. They are now appearing as part of my hard drive storage and using up too much of it. How can I remove/delete the files from my hard drive without removing them from the web storage that is used by both of us? The other user does have the files stored on their hard drive (PC Windows 10) and would like to keep accessing them that way as well as in the Web App. I am using a Mac OS High Sierra. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

EXACTLY. Did you ever get this figured out, kcelsi1999? I'm in the same situation: the client shared a project folder with me, but I only need access to a few of the files for my portion of the project. Now I have about 20G of .indd files clogging up my hard drive because they are synched to my CC desktop app.

It seems inconceivable that there could be no way to remove the files I don't need access to from my local hard drive storage without risking deleting the files that are saved in the Cloud and on my client's computer (which, from what I've read elsewhere on this site, is a real risk if you turn off the sync and delete local files from the CC app... what happens if sync accidentally gets turned on again?).

We can't be the only two people using Cloud sharing for collaboration who have some limits on our hard drive storage. Any insight, anyone? Is there any way to have control over what shared files are saved to a hard drive?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines