• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SAME CLOUD FOLDERS IN PHOTOSHOP AS ILLUSTRATOR ..need advice for sorting

Participant ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get used to the cloud for workflow. I love it working between desktop and ipad and between apps on desktop...BUT when I create a folder in say illustrator..It shows up in photoshop and those are just illustrator files..So If I make sub folders I really need two sets..PSD and AI?

Id rather have one set show up for vector images and one show up for rasterized becausee i use the same naming conventions. So when im in illustrator I have OPEN PROJECTS/ PROJECT NAME. So when I o this in illustrator the folder shows up in photoshop and of course those files cant open. Im assuming I cant just show photoshop folders and illustator and after effects folders when im in that program so I need a new naming convention? Any advice? Hope I explained that properly. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Shouldnt I at least be able to see a grayed out illustrator in cloud while in photoshop?
Just sayin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your question, sorry. 

You choose where you wish to save files.  Be that your computer's Creative Cloud Files folder, an external hard drive or a dedicated cloud storage service like GoogleDrive or DropBox.  You decide where it goes.  If you're unsure how to do that, please read your computer operating system's documentation about creating folders and saving files.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO!

this is a "creative cloud" question...Ive been using OSX since it was in classic mode so I dont think I need a lesson in that.

Im talking about the cloud and creating directories across Photoshop and Illustrator...and I cannot save an illustrator .eps in Adobes cloud so if i create say illustrator .aic and save it I will never see the files in photoshop even if greyed out. I want to use the same naming directories but still see files in those directories even if not compatible. Also it seems like there is no cloud file storage for After effects/

Leif Robertson Fifer

Art Director/ Motion Design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Win10 so probably no help to you on Mac.

In Photoshop, when I go to File > Open and navigate to my Creative Cloud Files folder, I see the image types that are selected in my file manager .  ALL FORMATS (*.*) shows the widest assortment of raster image file types  -- .psd, .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate you trying to help. I mean meain screen for cloud when you open up photoshop. If I go in say photoshop and looking in main window at directories..No illustrator files appear... If I open the cloud app then yes...Just want to see all the files..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever reason, I can't see your attached file.   Just embed your screenshot directly into a web reply with the picture icon.

The splash screen is not an all inclusive list of files.  It's only a partial history of files that you have recently opened in that particular app.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me either. argh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview isnt working....But you can download and open the JPG...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an embedded screenshot inside my web forum reply.  Attached files are not working right now.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines