• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select which folders that should not sync and store locally

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, one of the main reasons to why I bought 1 TB of cloud storage is because my computer's harddrive is not that big. I have a couple of photo folders with 300-500 gb of data. I want to store them on the cloud but I don't want them to sync and store locally as well. 

Like in Onedrive they are only downloaded and stored locally when you try to use them. Is there a similar functionality for Creative Cloud Files? 

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe's cc storage is not what you want.  it's for sharing files (with yourself on other devices) and with others.

if you want backup storage, you should look for other solutions, though (imo) it's unwise to rely on cloud storage from anyone.  i recommend you buy an external hard drive and use it to store your less used data files.  cloud storage would be in addition to that external drive to give you extra assurance that you won't lose data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand. So I guess it's best to buy some other back up storage service and downgrade the creative cloud storage size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for you, judging by the info given, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>buy some other back up storage

You should always have a local copy of all files, not just in the cloud
If you don't have space on your computer drive use an external drive
I use a Sata docking station and SEVERAL 'bare' drives for backup
There are many external drive devices, this is the one I use
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-External-docking-station-drives/dp/B00U8KSLA8/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines