• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selective sync for Creative Cloud Files?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to selective sync certain folders in Creative Cloud. I found an old blog post here Selectively Sync folders on your computer using Creative Cloud « Caveat Lector but I don't have that option in my Finder window.

I have two computers with the same Creative Cloud account (work desktop and home laptop), I don't want to sync all of my work files to my home laptop as it takes up too much space. Surely there is a way to choose which folders sync to your computer in the same way that Dropbox/Google Drive works?

Any help would be much appreciated!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Hi Everyone,

I am so sorry for all the frustration this has caused to all of you. Due to changing priorities, this feature request got overlooked for quite some time now. This feature now has found it's way in ToDo list. The engineering team will start looking into it very soon.

Thank you all so much for your patience. And I am again so sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Also, please share your interest in having this feature by voting/commenting here:  Selective Sync – Welcome to CC Assets Website & Libraries Feature and Bug Reporting Page

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question, and I can't find neither the option to Sync only some Folders from CreativeCloud...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's quite frustrating, it seems like such a simple feature which is integrated into all other cloud storage solutions. I've managed to find this article and it looks like it was once a feature, however it was removed with updates to Mac OSX.

How to: Choose which Creative Cloud shared folders you sync

Is there any chance that this feature will return to a future version of Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob and Jean:

Many thanks for the input. We will discuss the enablement of select sync feature with the management team. Thanks again.

Best Regards

Lin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lin,

Thanks for your reply, it would be amazing if this feature was implemented. I know a lot of people use their Creative Cloud account on both a laptop and desktop, and cannot afford to use up space on often small SSDs.

Thanks,

Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How far off are Adobe to reinstating the selective file/folder sync feature on OS X El Capitan?

This is an essential part of my everyday requirement when switching between devices such as desktop to laptop which currently is unavailable!

Kind regards

Shaun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took this feature for granted since dropbox has it. I'm right in the middle of trying to convince my team to switch to creative cloud collaborating, but now I definitely won't recommend it. I ran out of space on my laptop right away. Please notify when this feature is reinstated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unacceptable not having this feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a feature request!!!!! IT USED TO BE A FEATURE. YOU KILLED IT!

How to: Choose which Creative Cloud shared folders you sync

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I found the perfect solution...I cancelled my CC storage and moved to another service provider. Now I can just use the standard Adobe CC storage to host libraries and whatever Lr stuff...I was willing to stay with adobe, but because of my operations, this was unacceptable. Now with the new service provider, I have selective sync, Link-sharing and unlimited storage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't mind me asking, which provider did you go with? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google, unlimited storage and selective storage were all that I needed. The best part about it is that it mounts as like a virtual drive on my system, so it shows up under drives and I work directly off that drive, but my system gets to stay free...

Screenshot 2020-04-24 at 14.54.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same for me and my team. We use Google Drive. The virtual drive mounting and selective sync is the perfect solution for our needs. Such a shame that Adobe can't provide the same solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and one of the tiny but IMPORTANT features that I forgot to mention, is the apps ability to generate links right from in the finder. This is super handy and perfect for collaborative workflows. 

Screenshot 2020-04-26 at 10.46.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please reinstate this feature.

Regards,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selective sync is critical to teams in my organization. Without it, we've filled up drives on laptops and work has come to a halt. As a result, we are considering other solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend Google Drive. Selective sync and a virtual drive mount provides a better solution than Adobe can. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also find it ridiculous that this is not a feature, or worse, that it used to be and then was removed - and that this has been an issue for at least a couple of years now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only that 100GB for teams is a joke. There isn't selective sync? Really? There isn't even some kind of versioning or locking of files. This is really far from acceptable. Please think about how people would use your product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add selective sync. This is a fundamental feature any cloud storage should have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And still no selective sync a year later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just moved all my files to Onedrive. I can pretty much do everything Creative Cloud allows me to do on there such as sharing links and getting people to preview stuff. I can live without collaboration for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off - let me say that the Creative Cloud Collaboration logic with the smart objects being used in shared libraries has remarkably been an well accepted process not only by our creative teams, but the developers who work in a component-type world who. Now that our creative teams are designing by components the handoff to dev has been great!!!

That said...

How in the heck do you expect TEAMS to work if we can't monitor our syncing? Can't update my prototype links for Client A because Sarah is uploading all the Client B assets. It doesn't matter if you tell Sarah to stop, your cloud will still sync, and if you pause your syncing logic - then the prototypes will not be updated for Client A !!

Then you get an email from Client A stating that "the designs are still showing the non-corrected revisions that you just invoiced us for".

Now I have to back to the business and tell them - CC removed a feature because it was......?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to do something.

I'm freelancing. some company adds me to their cloud for a 3-month work.

Now the job is done, I'm not even in the same country. I'm in need of disk space so I need to remove their folder (like the whole one).

And I can't cause I'm not sure of what's gonna happen and I don't want to slow a 10 people team...

It's maybe a hard feature to do and maintain, I don't know/care.

Make it work, keep me informed on your progress and bill me.

I'm not playing here, I'm working for god sake!

If nothings move,  I'll have to learn how to bypass you and then cancel my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on, this is getting beyond a joke now. This is an absolutely crucial feature for -any- team or professional. I have 50+ Gb's of project files stuck on my tiny hard drive for a project I left 4 months ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines