• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Silly Creative Cloud trying to sync files that no longer exist

Participant ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m getting an annoying failed sync error on Creative Cloud (v. 2.1.1.110). It fails to sync 5 files that weren’t supposed to be synced in the first place, since they’re all old files that no longer exist. I mean, I’ve consciously deleted these files from Creative Cloud long ago. They’re not on my Mac. They’re not on Creative Cloud website (not even as archived). The app is trying to sync them anyway — which prompts the error.

2015-06-14 at 17.41.png

I’ve tried deleting the “Creative Cloud Files” folder from my Mac and restoring it from Creative Cloud just to make sure these 5 ghost files weren’t on my Mac. Like I predicted, the app tried to sync 5 files more than I actually have on the cloud during restore. I think that’s proof enough that there the ghost files are on Adobe servers.

2015-06-14 at 17.47.png

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

I've got an email from Adobe Support that solved the issue:

Hi Bruno,

We pushed an update on Sunday (V 2.1.1.110) that should fix the issue.  If not, please try deleting the db files following these steps:

1) Quit Creative Cloud Desktop App then the CoreSync and Adobe Desktop Service processes using Activity Monitor (Mac) or Task Manager (Win)

2) Navigate to:

MAC: <Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync on Mac OS X

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems. Creative Cloud wants to synchronise old files who are deleted and not archived...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruno,

So we can investigate this further please zip up everything is the directory "CoreSync" which is located at the following locations.

Mac:

The log file can be found here:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSyncSync

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later

see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Windows:

The log file can be found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoreSync

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Please zip them up and send them to SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com with this forum URL in the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. I've just sent you guys an email with the log files. I hope you find the reason this issue is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got the same problem, even after deleting al the coresync database files. Shall I send you my log files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an email from Adobe Support that solved the issue:

Hi Bruno,

We pushed an update on Sunday (V 2.1.1.110) that should fix the issue.  If not, please try deleting the db files following these steps:

1) Quit Creative Cloud Desktop App then the CoreSync and Adobe Desktop Service processes using Activity Monitor (Mac) or Task Manager (Win)

2) Navigate to:

MAC: <Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync on Mac OS X

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later, see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

WIN: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoreSync on Windows

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

3) Then delete any file that end in .db,.db-shm or db.wal, and re start Creative Cloud (There should be 3 or 4 files, but could be more if you have multiple accounts signing into CreativeCloud)

4) Restart Creative Cloud Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines