• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sticking with CS6

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been away from the CC subscription / one off costs debate for a while but am interested in the latest developments. There's lots of software choice outside of Adobe and information about moving to other software, but I'd like to know if someone from Adobe can clarify the position on whether CS6 users will still be forced to move into subscription when they want to upgrade.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is 4 years old and is NOT being updated - read in Creative Cloud now includes Creative Suite Master Collection and Design Premium features for an Adobe statement

If you upgrade your operating system to Mac El Capitan/Sierra or Windows 10 your CS6 will most likely stop working properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John for the helpful pointers. I am running a combination of Mac OS 10.8 /9/ and 11 on various Macs but the one thing they all do is still run CS6 happily and I see no reason to upgrade. I really don't like the renting software model and am currently trialling the New Affinity Designer and Photo suite as a possible future replacement to CC. It will also save me an absolute packet if I can get it to work for me and my agency setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you use a compatible operating system your CS6 will work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 5 years since I last posted and this popped up on my screen. I'm still using CS6 on OS 10.12 when I need to but have moved my workflow over to the Affinity suite now that they have released the DTP software to compete with InDesign. I have no regrets and it has saved me a fortune in Adobe subscription fees. I'm sorry Adobe, you've been wonderful over the years but you lost me when you introduced the non-ownable software system. Adieu!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer to your real question.

Quote:

but I'd like to know if someone from Adobe can clarify the position on whether CS6 users will still be forced to move into subscription when they want to upgrade.

End Quote:

Although I am NOT from Adobe, just a user like you, the answer is there is NO more Stand alone, Perpetual Licensed, version of any Adobe software except the Elements versions of Photoshop and Premiere.

So if you wanted to Upgrade to the newer versions of Adobe programs you will need a Subscription to do that.

As to your comment about other companies software programs, Best of luck to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, apprecaited. I posted this question 5 years ago so I've known for a long time that there is no standalone Adobe licences any longer. I guess the point is that I am still using CS6 and it works absolutely as well as ever but Adobe lost me because of their ludicrous subs plan. I've had the Affinity suite for 3 years now, and for the kind of work that most designers and agencies and Affinity's Photo, along with their drawing and DTP programs, are perfect replacements for Pshop, Illustrator and InDesign. So many professional agencies I know have also made the switch. It's so sad because I've used and loved Adobe products for 30+ years now but every all-conquering empire comes crashing down eventually. Just ask Quark, Dreamweaver, Freehand and Netscape users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post was moved to a better forum, From Download & Install to CC Services. As this post has nothing to do with downloading or installing Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines