• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync is extremely slow

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync is not usable at the moment. It is very slow and results conflicts - 20-300 hours left it says... Sometimes mac finder displays sync indicators, sometimes not. Menu in cloud (the gear icon) sometimes never appears - just balloon spinner...

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 17.13.33.png

Whole team is suffering from this now - not just me. Changing to other network does not help, nor disabling firewall/virus scan. Reinstalled the cloud, no luck.

Mac El Capitan

Version of cloud is: 3.9.5.353

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Hi Trina,

I know the development team that works on sync has some fixes in the works which should be coming out in the next few weeks which will address the waking from sleep issue. I'm sorry for the difficulties you've encountered. Hopefully this issue will be remedied permanently soon.

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vhuotari,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Thanks for testing the things that you have. Are you still experiencing the issue?

A few questions to better understand:

• Were you actually trying to sync 99849 files? Does it seem like all the files are getting re-synced?
  • Does shutting down/restarting the computer make any difference?
  • How many workstations are being affected?
  • Does your team share files using the collaboration feature?
  • Would you be willing to collect and share log files for me to share with our engineering department if needed?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Still experiencing the issue.

Answers:

• No idea where that file number came. However, there are a lot of files in cloud. It feels files never get synced
  • Reboot does not change things
  • 8-10 workstations
  • Yes, I think - we have few shared folder within team where team members have been invited
  • Sure, I can collect log files.

br, Vesa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vesa,

Thanks for the update.

Couple more questions too

1) Does the syncing process ever complete?

2) Are you using a high speed internet connection?

3) Do you have the speed settings in the preferences set to maximum?

speed.jpg

Yeah, if you could help us diagnose the issue by collecting log files that would definitely help out.

To collect the log files download the log collection tool from here: Log Collector Tool

After you running it it will create a .zip on your desktop of the log files. If you could upload and share a link with me on where to download the .zip from I'll pass it on to our engineering dept to review. You can send the link to me privately if you prefer by clicking on my name here in the forum and select the message option.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1) I think not.

2) Yes, very fast.

3) Yes

I send link to log files - hope those help.

br, Vesa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Vesa,

I'll forward the logs and info on to our engineering team for review and see if we can better understand what is happening. I'll follow up with any additional questions and what I find out.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vesa,

I got some additional questions from engineering

1. Exact date/time of the issue. That would help to proceed with the exact day's log.

• They were wondering if there was a specific day and time that the slowness was occurring.
  • Does it happen all the time or does this seem to be intermittent issue?
  • Has the slowness always been there (for as long as you've used the service)?
  • Was there a time when the syncing was running fast?

2. Any reproduction steps. Or any simple scenario through which it can be reproducible.They were wondering if it would be possible to reproduce the issue from there side.

• Is the issue one which can be reproduced by following certain steps?
  • Could it somehow to related to the work network everyone is using since several people there are affected?
  • Is it possible other software is running at the same time which is interfering with the sync process?

3. Is there any collaboration folder involved. I know you mentioned that did have collaborated folders.

• Would it be possible to get the name of any collaborated folders which were syncing files when the slowness was occurring?

4. What troubleshooting has already been done. These are the troubleshooting steps I noted.

Are there any others I missed?

• Tried changing to another network
  • Tried disabling firewall and anti-virus software
  • Reinstalled the Creative Cloud app
  • Tried restarting the computer
  • Confirmed sync Up/download speed settings are set to the max in the preferences

Please get back to me when you get the chance.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1) Specific day is difficult to say. Issue seems persistent now. Not sure if anything is really being synced although sync spinner is spinning. I think sync was working ok few weeks back.

Now - looking from web interface it seems that majority files have disappeared from one folder. Luckily local copies exists but this is rather scary - is there a history or something that could explain what happened?

2) I cannot figure way to reproduce issue while this seems persistent now. Network is possible although unlikely - some people are in corporate network and some may work from remote location - situation varies on daily basis. While everybody is connected to Internet, it should not matter. What software could interfere the sync? Software configuration may vary depending the user.

3) Most critical one is "Clients" -folder.

4) I think the list is correct. We also checked file names if some unallowed characters would cause issue.

br, Vesa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - it seems that some files are getting archived automatically. Suddenly files are "lost" from folder but they are found in archived files - quite sure that users did not archive those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional info Vesa, I'll pass it on and let you know what I find out. Thanks for your patience on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news? The issue still exists and it is team wide issue. Symptoms vary from Cloud sync process taking 100% of processor time to sync just not syncing files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vesa,

Sorry for the long delay. Engineering reviewed your log files and was seeing corruption some of your database files and was wondering if you could try the following. Please backup the contents of the Creative Cloud Files folder before doing so just to ensure nothing is lost.

Please try recreating the local db files within the CoreSync folder

To do this please do the following:

1) Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app
Open the Activity Monitor and confirm that the Core Sync process is not running. If it is, highlight it and quit the process

2) Move the current local db files to the desktop, please move them both. Files will be located here:
Mac HD > Users > [user name] > Library > Application Support > Adobe CoreSync

There should be two .db files in the folder, one starting with a long string of characters and another named CoreSync.db

3) Start core-sync again .This will re-sync files from the cloud to local machine . Restart the computer, launch the Creative Cloud app, and ensure File Sync is turned on from the preferences. File sync should resync all files and recreate the two .db files. After doing this please see if the slow performance persists.

Please let me know if this helps,

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP, In case you never solved the problem, try going into the web interface (Desktop App > Assets > Files > View On Web), go to Archived Files and delete them all (perhaps look through them first). This reduced by file count from 400k to 15k and my ETA from +100hr to less than 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates? Has this been resolved? Our team is experiencing the same issue and after many long HOURS of tech support over a period of days, we've made no progress and the latest is, we'll call you back in a couple of hours. Would love to know if you figured it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is resolved for me, but the syncs are only painful when I'm starting from zero. Incremental syncs haven't been a problem. I'm a one-person team, so I can't comment on how the issue scales. I have yet to hear from Adobe in any capacity, but if I have any breakthroughs, I'll post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been also having trouble syncing on multiple computers on multiple networks. It is clearly not my fault it is the fault of Adobe and their horrible syncing service. Please fix this. I am trying to transfer 75gb of files and it says 33 hours???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you're having a bad time, friend. 75GB is a fair bit of stuff to keep synchronized over a network. 33 hours is a bit more than I'd expect, though. Some back-of-the-envelope math puts that at about 0.5Mbps. I've seen everything from 0.04 Mbps to 0.09Mbps. All are pretty sad, especially for a service that's been around for years. I expected someone to at least ask me for some logs to try and diagnose the problem, but I've heard nothing. Here's my recent post:

Cloud Syncing is very slow and isn't really "syncing"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a new thread in the hopes it would be seen, since yours hasn't been answered. I'm now up to 188 files of 60,659 remaining with 15 hours to go. I started at 6,200 files to sync (the correct amount) and every time my computer shuts down or goes to sleep the whole things starts over and my file account skyrockets. I responded to my ongoing Adobe ticket to ask for elevated help, yet again, hopefully US based. I'm uploading 750kb/s so it must be doing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File account skyrockets? You mean more of your sync space is occupied? I may have seen this (in the form of archived files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The number of files it's syncing skyrocket but no new files are added. We completely emptied our account (all of us), including the archives so it would be empty. All of us were able to sync with zero files. As soon as we start adding them and our machines sleep, it gets all wonky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw my number go up as well, but I don't remember the cause. If I were you (and maybe you did), I would start by deleting the archived junk before you delete anything of importance. That's likely where files are being added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. Archives are empty across the entire team. In fact, I'm the only one with files, everything else is completely empty so we know exactly what's going on. Currently syncing file 3 of 94,508 with 25 hours remaining. However, it's not yet at the 30 GB mark which is the actual file size on my desktop. I'm hopeful the numbers are completely inaccurate representations of what's syncing and all is actually ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File 12 of 113,883 with 31 hours remaining, as of this morning when my computer woke up. Up to 19GB though so looks like it's still making progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, looked like it finished, with a few known errors. So that tells me the file counts are a bug, that the cc app is unable to re-evaluate the file count correctly after resuming from sleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trina,

I know the development team that works on sync has some fixes in the works which should be coming out in the next few weeks which will address the waking from sleep issue. I'm sorry for the difficulties you've encountered. Hopefully this issue will be remedied permanently soon.

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines