Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Sync only some Creative Cloud files locally

Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this topic from 2014 and some others but couldn't find something from this year about my question. So people have been asking for this, for years.

How can I sync just some folders and not all of the stuff, filling the disk hard drive? We are a team of two working remotely, so we need CC file sharing to share the files, collaborate and have the latest versions. We have 1 TB of space in our license, but the Mac laptop SDD hard drive only has 500 GB space. We have organized our files for years, so only syncing 2021 and perhaps 2020 would be ideal.

How can we do this?

Of course we can stop syncing the files at all in that computer and download one folder locally, but it would be a nightmare to be constantly uploading modified files all the time to be synced in the team. I haven't seen anything to achieve this. Also I believe this happens because the work files do not appear in the CC desktop app, only in the browser and there is no way to work with it related to the local computer… well it's difficult to understand why our work files only appear in the browser and in the Cloud app we can inly see the libraries. But it is what it is (???)

As said, we're using 1 TB Creative Could space, two iMacs and a couple laptops. Production machines are using Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 and Mac OS Big Sur 11.5

Thanks

TOPICS
Collaboration, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?