• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synced Files vs Cloud Documents HELP

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone successfully managed to use Cloud Documents in their workflow? Please help me!

I have a MacBook pro and iPad air. I have always used Synced Files (or "Creative Cloud Files") on my laptop to manage my files/projects with no issue. I recently started using an iPad in hopes to access and edit these files on the go. When I open the CC app on the iPad I can view all of my Synced files (Your Work > Files tab) as I usually would on my desktop. However, it seems that to actually edit any of these files (for example an Illustrator file), I have to open up illustrator and import that file as a Creative Cloud Document but then any changes will not be applied to the original file and I have to re-export back to the Synced Files Location which creates a separate copy of that original file. (Which is obviously tedious, time-consuming and frustrating.)

On the other hand, if I move everything to the in-app Creative Cloud Documents system and store all of my files there, I can no longer access these files from non-adobe software or from my normal local Finder files on my Macbook which is where I do 95% of my work.

I understand that Synced Files and Creative Cloud Documents are different systems, but why are they not compatible? Has anyone worked out a simple solution for using both a Macbook and an iPad?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. This is expected & by design. Creative Cloud Files and cloud documents are treated differently to help you access your creative assets on the go.

Creative Cloud files can store all kinds of files as a cloud backup service & on the other hand, Cloud documents are cloud-native files that you can open and edit in compatible apps.

Please check this article & see if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines