Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing Creative Cloud Files when using more than one computer

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have an external 1 TB SSD that I sync my Creative Cloud files to but I also use several different computers depending on what my work day looks like - working from home=desktop, office=big, heavy and powerful laptop, traveling=samller and not so very powerful laptop. Yeah, you get the picture 😉

I almost always end up with two different directories - Creative Cloud Files and Creative Cloud Filer (archived) - when I move the SSD from one computer to another. Not optimal and quite frustrating.

Is there any way to avoid this?

Peace,

Richard

TOPICS
File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you shouldn't even be allowed (by the cc desktop app) to designate a folder on removable drive for cc syncing because of the problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure but I think there is a difference between a NTFS formatted drive (SSD or HDD) and a microSD card? I remember having problems with one of my laptops which have a microSD slot which I could'nt use, but the CC app has never protested when using the SSD drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would think each computer would have its own folder.  you only have 2 folders for 3 computers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... I'm using more than one computer but I work with the same digital assets from these computers, logging in with one and the same Creative Cloud account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Creative Cloud files should not move from computer to computer, but only sync over the net. If you are using your external drive to share data between computers, do not put the cloud on those drives. It won't work. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so it will work if I sync my CC files to a dedicated drive for every computer that I use? 

Computer 1 = SSD/HDD 1

Computer 2 = SSD/HDD 2

Computer 3 = SSD/HDD 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, your synced folder will automatically sync among your 3 computers as long as you sign into each using the same adobe id.  that's the purpose of the sync folder - sharing files with yourself on different devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.
I do know the purpose of the sync folder and also hope that someone in the community understand my dilemma (I can't be alone?). A laptop with a 256 GB (or even bigger) internal SSD doesn't quite cut it IMHO. If you really need to sync your work it doesn't take long until you run out of space. And since the SD/microSD slot is unusable in this case I was hoping that a one shared disk would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

as you can attest, it sort of works to use one shared hard drive but has problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines