• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing Error for Deleted Files

Participant ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I delete or remove a file from my Creative Cloud Desktop folders, I get a syncing error for that file. It says "Failed to sync file.ext" even though the file is no longer there. Also, if a file is deleted using CC Desktop, it will not go into the Deleted folder on CC Web - only my local Recycle Bin. If I go into CC Web and delete the file there, it goes into the Deleted folder and the error does not appear. This has been happening since I updated on 3/3. I use Windows 10. I have already done the following to try to fix problems:
Ensured there is ample storage remaining
Ensured I have the most recent version of all Adobe software
Repaired CC
Uninstalled CC and all Adobe software. Then reinstalled.
Emptied the Deleted Files folder on CC Web
Deleted all database (db) files
Tried all of the fixes listed here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/arent-my-files-syncing.html#:~:text=The%20Creative%20Cloud...
Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thank you.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Everything is working magically this morning and I didn't do anything, but update Windows. The issue was escalated to the engineers yesterday so I guess they fixed the bug. I'm hoping this sticks and keeps working. Anyone else fixed today??

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

then the problem was probably on adobe's end and they fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset the cc desktop app: make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping it would be that easy, but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should probably contact adobe support*, but if you are inclined to redo the hardest parts of what you've already done (or you ever do a reinstall again), clean and update first:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.

update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud

if you're unable to download the cc desktop app at this stage, use the link at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no it does not work man! See other people have same problem... Its Adobe fail again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. It keeps telling me it can't sync files that have been deleted. I can't imagine having to uninstall and reinstall everything to "fix" it. That is totally unacceptable. Come on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums, and you have options other than a reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is working magically this morning and I didn't do anything, but update Windows. The issue was escalated to the engineers yesterday so I guess they fixed the bug. I'm hoping this sticks and keeps working. Anyone else fixed today??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I fired my laptop up this morning and the errors were gone. So far they have not come back and everything seems back to normal. I hope everyone here has the same thing happen soon if not yet. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

then the problem was probably on adobe's end and they fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines